Quantcast

Do you have any idea how cool Iron Horse is?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, they kick ass.

I was having trouble with the floating disc brake on my bike (as many people seem to be having) so I went to the site and sent a message asking about the '06 hub. The '05 uses a standard hub with custom axel and floater with 150mm spacing. The '06 ditched the floater and uses a 150mm hub. So I asked if I could get a hub direct to lace my wheel with.

They sent me a response and said they have a pre built wheel off the '06 for $100 with the correct dish. I called the shop and had them order it. They shipped it the next day. Then IH sent me an email to let me know the wheel shipped and to email direct if I needed anything else.

Maybe I have just had crappy service in the past, but for a bike I didn't pay a whole lot for, this is a great level of service. On top of that, to get a personal response is just a little bit cooler.

Not sure if anyone else has had great dealings with them as a company, but for the pricepoint and the overall quality, to get that level of service, I am one happy bastard.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Yes, very happy with my 7point and I'm considering both a road bike from them and waiting not so patiently for the '07 MkIII (or maybe it will be a MkIV).

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
They look real nice-like and I'm sure they kick ass, but:

Iron Horse is a proud partner with Sport Chek and Sport Experts in Canada.
:dead:

They're not available in real bike shops up here in Canuckistan. :(