do you like beer?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
i like beer! in fact 15 gallons of it:thumb:

us pouring the wort into the fermenter

me agitating the wort

i am super stoked. its the first time im getting to use my big 12 gallon carboy. so hopefully it turns out well:weee:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's almost better than the adults posting in the pot thread........from work.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
12 gallon carboy is a disaster waiting to happen.

Nice job on the beer though.:thumb:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
plz explain
It's heavy.

Carboys have a tendency to slip out of ones hands. I don't see a handle on that one and even with a handle, the weight of it could pull the neck off.

At ten gallons that thing is close to or more then 80 pounds. When 80 plus pounds of glass carboy slips out of your hands bad things happen.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I like beer very much. So much that my awesome wife bought me a beer making kit for my B-day last week. I'll be starting my first batch of a basic brown ale tomorrow. Those carboys are nice..maybe someday...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
It's heavy.

Carboys have a tendency to slip out of ones hands. I don't see a handle on that one and even with a handle, the weight of it could pull the neck off.

At ten gallons that thing is close to or more then 80 pounds. When 80 plus pounds of glass carboy slips out of your hands bad things happen.
Well don't drink before you pick up the carboy. :p

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
It's heavy.

its pyrex. i have 2 of them and yes we used 2 people to move it. oh and i got both of them for 30 bucks each:D

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
I'd rather get a massive plastic conical before I get something that big in glass.

Wort looks good though. Super Hopped IPA is next on my list (pliny style).