Quantcast

Do you loathe your job?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
BurlyShirley said:
30K a year in TN is liveable, seriously, and with summers off, totally worth it. I couldnt do it most places in the country, but the south is awesome.
There are even housing grants in TN for teachers. :thumb:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I'm not really thrilled with my job. I work as the mechanical engineer for a small welding/pressure vessel shop. The place is rife with inter-personal conflicts. There are so few of us that it is too much of a pain to replace certain problem individuals. So they continue to make life difficult. Also there is no HVAC system here. I've had a tickle in my throat for 4 years. I'm certain it's metal dust, and I'm shure it's currently killing me. It's friggin hot durring the summer and freezing durring the winter. The shop is right on the water; I posted a picture of the harbor frozen over last winter. I'm current wearing a winter hat and quilted Carhartt to stay warm at my desk. Yeah I know, bitch bitch bitch. :mumble:

J

JRB

ROCKLAND said:
I'm not really thrilled with my job. I work as the mechanical engineer for a small welding/pressure vessel shop. The place is rife with inter-personal conflicts. There are so few of us that it is too much of a pain to replace certain problem individuals. So they continue to make life difficult. Also there is no HVAC system here. I've had a tickle in my throat for 4 years. I'm certain it's metal dust, and I'm shure it's currently killing me. It's friggin hot durring the summer and freezing durring the winter. The shop is right on the water; I posted a picture of the harbor frozen over last winter. I'm current wearing a winter hat and quilted Carhartt to stay warm at my desk. Yeah I know, bitch bitch bitch. :mumble:

That doesn't sound so bad. Well, except you are in Maine. That could be it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I don't like my job, and I don't like the company I work for. But I do need to pay my mortgage. Honestly if they laid me off I wouldn't care.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Yes,

I just had to sort through a NASA document that took up 2 Reams of paper to print. 1000 pages of ISO 9000 BULLSH1T. All to find out I wasn't given enough information to crack the code on their overly complex part number "matrix"

Engineers due to their very nature take pleasure in making things extremely complex and needlessly complicated so that one would need an engineering degree to simply understand that you don't have enough information to do what you orginally intended. Thus perserving their kind for generations to come.
Someone shoot me NOW!

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
I've got it made.....in the public works dept. for a small town. All kinds of paid holidays, vacation, retirement. The only mechanic/my own boss, essentially. 4 -9's, a 5 minute commute, bike rides every day at lunch. Best job i've ever had.