Quantcast

Do you lock your car?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
woodsguy said:
Yup, you guessed it. I'm a loser that only bikes once a year around the block.
i thought trailer parks were arranged in "lots", not blocks :confused:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I lock it at work (I work on a skethy-side of a downtown area), at home (I live near lots of those thieving old people and old old-folks homes) and when I'm out and about because, hey, I have keyless entry and it's easy.

WVpat

Chimp
Dec 19, 2007
Baltimore, MD/Morgantown, WV
The thought of crashing hard with keys in my pocket is a little scary. Keys could easily make a minor crash life threatening.
Not if you keep them in a Camelbak (if you use one). Mine is a switchblade key, kept by iteself, so unless it clicks itself it won't be a problem. I also use the disconnecting keychain so i can leave all my other keys (locked) in the glove compartment.

And yeah, car always gets locked, windows up, and alarmed. Also, tinted (20-15%) windows make it near impossible to look for anything unless it is really light out. Somebody tried to pry the door open last year it looked like, and must have tried to push the unlock button, which is disabled when the alarm is set, but they could have just pulled the inside door handle. I don't know why they didn't just break the window. My door actually started leaking between this and having a tow truck guy use an air bag to open my door when I locked my keys in (if I hit the hatch release, it unlocks it for one pull only, so as soon as I shut the hatch, keys were locked up automatically).

WVpat

Chimp
Dec 19, 2007
Baltimore, MD/Morgantown, WV
Not if you keep them in a Camelbak (if you use one). Mine is a switchblade key, kept by iteself, so unless it clicks itself it won't be a problem. I also use the disconnecting keychain so i can leave all my other keys (locked) in the glove compartment.

And yeah, car always gets locked, windows up, and alarmed. Also, tinted (20-15%) windows make it near impossible to look for anything unless it is really light out. Somebody tried to pry the door open last year it looked like, and must have tried to push the unlock button, which is disabled when the alarm is set, but they could have just pulled the inside door handle. I don't know why they didn't just break the window. My door actually started leaking between this and having a tow truck guy use an air bag to open my door when I locked my keys in (if I hit the hatch release, it unlocks it for one pull only, so as soon as I shut the hatch, keys were locked up automatically).

Actually, I just realized I couldn't use my gas tank if I wanted to, I have to pull a lever to open it.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I had a '76 monte carlo stolen out of my driveway in the sticks once. The driver side door didn't open, it dies when you took a turn too fast (something about the carborator not floating right), there was no AC or radio, the gear shift didn't really show what gear you were in, and when they were backing down my driveway (probably turned off with no power steering) they hit a planter and knocked the other door handle off meaning that both doors couldn't be opened from the outside.

I left my keys in the front seat every night because I never in a million years thought somebody would steal the POS.
A friend had his truck stolen at a hole of a strip bar one night. It was started with a screwdriver, which he left in the ignition. He had to call his wife to come get him, which launched a sh*t storm. Funny thing is, the truck ran out of gas like 150 yards the other direction, but Ray just didn't look that way. :busted:

A friend had his truck stolen at a hole of a strip bar one night. It was started with a screwdriver, which he left in the ignition. He had to call his wife to come get him, which launched a sh*t storm. Funny thing is, the truck ran out of gas like 150 yards the other direction, but Ray just didn't look that way. :busted:
So there is a god...

I'm pretty religious about locking my van, less so at home.