Quantcast

do you myspace?

J

JRB

Do you google??? If so, the search feature here works much the same. Different wild cards, but it's about the same. :think:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I think my space is a horrible idea; there is no reason why people need to be THAT connected. I am a total technology person and love almost every aspect of it, but email/IM/PDA's/Cell Phones, is enough connectivity for me.

There is something that is not good about being able to status back on a particular individual to see who their friends are and where they hang out. It's borderline creepy if you ask me. I don’t want people knowing who i know...It is a disaster waiting to happen.

I know folks who are literally wasting their lives away on that stuff, they just sit there an obsess over it, go ride your bike.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i set one up th eother day. just search under my name. no blog stuff though.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I think my space is a horrible idea; there is no reason why people need to be THAT connected. I am a total technology person and love almost every aspect of it, but email/IM/PDA's/Cell Phones, is enough connectivity for me.

There is something that is not good about being able to status back on a particular individual to see who their friends are and where they hang out. It's borderline creepy if you ask me. I don’t want people knowing who i know...It is a disaster waiting to happen.

I know folks who are literally wasting their lives away on that stuff, they just sit there an obsess over it, go ride your bike.
i dont have IM or a PDA or post stuff in a blog but i check my myspace thing every couple of days. i just set it up recently and dont really care for it but it is a good way to keep in touch with a few people i dont talk to on a regular basis.

however if you IM, pda, cell phone and e-mail then telling someone else to go ride their bikes is a little bit silly.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
Isn't that for pedophiles?
:stupid:

That and their 13 year old girl prey.

I checked it out and thought it was fairly stupid and useless. Convoluted pages on slow servers. People judging their self worth on how many "friends" they have, and no pr0n. Seems like a waste of space to me.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
:stupid:

That and their 13 year old girl prey.

I checked it out and thought it was fairly stupid and useless. Convoluted pages on slow servers. People judging their self worth on how many "friends" they have, and no pr0n. Seems like a waste of space to me.
You disappear and this is the thread you make a comeback in??? I am not sure I approve.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
biggins said:
so uuuuhhhhhhh the guy on your avatar is on myspace?
Why do you think he's so happy?

He thinks he's chatting with a 14 year old girl, but it's his twin brother in the next room!

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
I'm on there. My band does promo stuff on myspace so we all have our own account.

Mine is myspace/timbabueno
Shocking. :think:

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
myspace is ghey. who seriously needs to be found by some random asshat that you havent talked to since highschool. myspace is just another popularity contest.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
kizzi77 said:
I tried...couldn't find you... :( We would have totally been "friends"
hahaha.
awww you are the sweetest but dont tell jason i said that.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
loco said:
Shocking. :think:
I was shocked at first too... but man locally its a really good way to get gigs. Kind of like... "do you guys have any recorded stuff I can hear"... "oh yeah, go to myspace/blahblahblah and there are a few older songs up there". Hell I got a hit from a guy last friday that asked me to sit in with a group on Saturday at one of the main venues in town... 30 min of playing = easy money.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I haven't signed up fpr it. The few pages I've seen have been the worst sites I have seen in a long time. It took me back to the days af pointless personal pages with dozens of dead links, embedded midi files, blinking text and random crap shoved on a page using some wysiwyg BS.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
You disappear and this is the thread you make a comeback in??? I am not sure I approve.
:rofl:

This is the new me. I'm a jerk now. (just kidding) Myspace rubs me the wrong way, that's all.

I am positive that I do not approve of all this approval nonsense.

What the hell happened around here? :confused: :confused:

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
:rofl:

This is the new me. I'm a jerk now. (just kidding) Myspace rubs me the wrong way, that's all.

I am positive that I do not approve of all this approval nonsense.

What the hell happened around here? :confused: :confused:
I was commenting on the crapiness of the thread you reappeared in, not your post. You know I approve of you. Since you have tons of green, you should approve of me. :think:

J

JRB

MancilG said:
hey dillholes I didn't ask what your thoughts of myspare are, I asked if you use myspace and whats your site. A simple yes or no
OK - you got me. Mine is 'H3s are really stupid'.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
I was commenting on the crapiness of the thread you reappeared in, not your post. You know I approve of you. Since you have tons of green, you should approve of me. :think:
You been peeking at my stash again? :p

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
H8R said:
Make sure you bring your PDA/cell phone/Blackberry/GPS/iPod on the trail.

:rolleyes:
I ride alone alot, cellphone makes sense if you do that.

My point is that myspace is about the stupidest thing you can do on a computer. It puts you out there for anyone to view and allows anyone to write anything about you...Then you can look back and see who you know...bad idea.

My cell phone doesnt brodcast that information...so keep myspacing, its for 13 year old girls. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

MancilG said:
do you not have anything better to do then be negitive towards everything.
Easy bro. I was kidding. Remember when I said I liked your car ok last week??? Did the PMS make you lose your short term memory??? :eviltongu

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
biggins said:
however if you IM, pda, cell phone and e-mail then telling someone else to go ride their bikes is a little bit silly.
No it's not, i have those items so i can talk to people if needed, not so that i can link up everyone that ever knew me to each other. It is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

It's a horrible system. Not to mention one of the most "unsexy" interfaces ever.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Recently Myspace has gotten alot of free press when kids get busted for threatening their schools, or when teenagers dissapear... they always bring up their myspace pages on the local news cast. Im sure the creators of myspace would never have dreamed of such great free marketing.....