Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Slugman said:
:stosh:

I can see Premium members getting more for their $20... but to start taking away stuff unless you become a Premium member is just not cool.

ok good point...how about limited to 100 unless your're a premium member?...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah that's what i'm suggesting:rolleyes:...it's no different then premium members seeing less pop ups and getting more PM space....D

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Duffle said:
The big space is there because of all the other info like your location, join date, avatar, etc. You'd have to scroll just as much whether it's aligned to the top or bottom.
Thank you, I thought I was taking crazy pills for a moment. The space has never changed, it's governed by the left column.

Let me get this straight folks, your panties are in a knot because you'd rather see the space above your signature, instead of below? :rolleyes:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
BMXman said:
yeah that's what i'm suggesting:rolleyes:...it's no different then premium members seeing less pop ups and getting more PM space....D
I didn't mean to imply that is what you were suggesting, but I have been on message boards where they did the same thing and it did create a rift between members.

Premium members getting less ads and more storage is invisible to everyone else that doens't pay. So in that respect it is different.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ridemonkey said:
Thank you, I thought I was taking crazy pills for a moment. The space has never changed, it's governed by the left column.

Let me get this straight folks, your panties are in a knot because you'd rather see the space above your signature, instead of below? :rolleyes:

It reads a hell of a lot easier imo...
The sentences would be further apart so it doesnt seem like its one big mass of words.
I really think the older format was easier on the eye and the only difference now is that we have slightly bigger avatars right?
I couldnt care less about sigs and avatars and someones location.
I just want to read crap about biking in a way that doesnt make my head hurt.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
So my eye naturally goes to the middle of the field, as dictated by the placement of the avatar. Unfortunately, that's where the signature is on short posts. I keep reading sigs thinking they're thread content and getting confused.

I think vertical-center-justifying or going back to the other format or getting rid of sigs would fix it, but it is bugging me now.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I think if the background for the sig was a different color or something it would be easier to tell the difference between a post and a sig. Right now it is a bit jumbled for my tastes.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Ridemonkey said:

No, not at all. To me the posts look $hitty since the changes. It's not an issue of how much I have to scroll, more of an asthetics thing. It's not easy on the eyes.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
berkshire_rider said:
No, not at all. To me the posts look $hitty since the changes. It's not an issue of how much I have to scroll, more of an asthetics thing. It's not easy on the eyes.
I agree. It seems more content and LARGER content has been added to the left column therefore making the excess space on the right more prevalent (sp?). Also, the characters in messages are much closer together and like others have said, making it much more difficult to read. On top of that, the transparent post-title-box is very hard onthe eyes and not appealing at all.

As far as signatures, I know mine's a bit "long" especially in this newer format, but I don't think we should limit or even get rid of them. It seems that most are very reasonable in length with a few links and a quote in them. If somebody has one that is atrocious then simply ask them to shorten it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
berkshire_rider said:
It's not easy on the eyes.
esp those annoying double posts. :think: ;)

btw, i think the quick reply/refresh isn't working as good as pre-changes. my window just hangs there sometimes and i'm sure if the post registered or not.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'd say yes to the 100 char. limit except that makes it impossible to have a couple of hyperlinks in your sig. Hyperlinks to sponsors or items in the classifieds work great and look clean IMO. How about limiting the text size to 1 instead or some other alternative.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
narlus said:
esp those annoying double posts. :think: ;)

btw, i think the quick reply/refresh isn't working as good as pre-changes. my window just hangs there sometimes and i'm sure if the post registered or not.
:thumb: When I made the first one, it hung for quite awhile and then logged me out. I logged back in 30 seconds later, and must have then created the double post. Not sure why they would be so far apart. :confused: :think: