Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Cut them back to 100 characters

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Would anyone actually miss their signature if it was gone?

This new format has made it easier to see that some people have some ridiculously large signatures. Half of the text on the page are people's signatures in most cases.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think you would get better results if you just asked a magic 8ball.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'm not partial to my sig, but i like the old format better.
Now all the room beside the picture is empty space, instead of a thread reply. Too mutch scrolling now...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
zahgurim said:
I'm not partial to my sig, but i like the old format better.
Now all the room beside the picture is empty space, instead of a thread reply. Too mutch scrolling now...
:stupid: AND limit the signature to 100 characters and normal sized font....

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Go back to the old style the new style is to big and to much empty space. especially when people post up like one sentence replies the space is bigger then what they say.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
alot of people use their signatures as a way to promote their sponsors, mainly DH forum guys. Cutting back on characters would be good IMO.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
This is a poll to eliminate or pare down signatures not make them bigger!

I don't like the idea of having so much in a sig. Every thread is 50% quotes from other threads.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
K, length is down to 100 characters. I'd go with 50, but I know there would be whiners.

As for size, that's going to have to be manually enforced for now, as there's no option for that in the software yet.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I don't mind a size restriction, but total elimination is like censorship in a way. To some the signature is a way to express themselves, and as DH Laura mentioned if they annoy you, ignore them.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I guess 100 is okay. I like to show my bike w/ the parts becasue when I am talking about it, I don't have to list the parts spec each time.

I also like to promote AMBP.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I don't have a problem with a little self-expression in sigs, I just find it annoying when people take it to the extreme, and have 8 lines of sig, in a huge font.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
BikeGeek said:
You're kidding, right?
You said what I was thinking.

I understand wanting to link to what you're selling. When I get the classifieds finished I'll see if I can work in a way to have your listings show up somehow.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Hmm, I can't save my current sig as it is over the limit, but if I don't change it, it looks like it can stay.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I think they should be limited to 100 and only to premium members....but why is there so much space below my sig?...I have to scroll a lot more now.....D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
How come the posts - especially the single line ones - are all top justified, including the sig area and there's lots of blank space at the bottom of each post using IE 6? The sigs. used to be at the bottom, regardless of post line quantity. The attached pic. shows how I am seeing the posts.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I like the sigs, but maybe limit the font size cause there's a couple annoyingly big sigs out there. There's a lot of dead space in the new format. Maybe under the name, reformat it so the the P and the IM icons are next to the avitar, so that the post is vertically smaller and there's not as much dead space.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
The big space is there because of all the other info like your location, join date, avatar, etc. You'd have to scroll just as much whether it's aligned to the top or bottom.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I think a signature gives others more information about the person. or sometimes they are just good for a laugh. they make people less ordinary, and add character. but I guess limiting the length would be ok

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BMXman said:
I think they should be limited to 100 and only to premium members....
:stosh:

I can see Premium members getting more for their $20... but to start taking away stuff unless you become a Premium member is just not cool.