Quantcast

do you send 'Thank You' e-mails?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
like, if a company responds to a question you asked, or if they help you in any other way, do you reply in order to say "Thanks...", or do you just leave it be?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I do not thank them. I don't thank people for doing their basic jobs. And like Smelly said, they don't care.

Personally, I get annoyed when people at work send me e-mails that only contain "Thanks." I've already got a thousand messages to sort through without more crap to open.

:)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Generally not, but if someone goes beyond my expectations (either in how they deal with me or in how they solve my problem) I will. But it's usually more than just a thank you... something like, "Thanks for taking care of this issue. Service like this is why I'm happy to business with <company name> and why I recommend you to my friends/coworkers/whomever."

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
jacksonpt said:
Generally not, but if someone goes beyond my expectations (either in how they deal with me or in how they solve my problem) I will. But it's usually more than just a thank you... something like, "Thanks for taking care of this issue. Service like this is why I'm happy to business with <company name> and why I recommend you to my friends/coworkers/whomever."
I agree with that. If someone goes above and beyond, it is nice to send out a "thank you" note. I like to do this, because this employee can show the email or note to their boss...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i have to say, a thank you once in awhile is nice. i used to be in tech support and typically the only people who would follow up would be with something negative. so... i think if someone goes above and beyond and thank you may be appreciated.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Again, if it's a question about something outside the scope that they look into and provide information on, I do say thanks.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
:stupid: That's exactly what I do! :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
Personally, I get annoyed when people at work send me e-mails that only contain "Thanks." I've already got a thousand messages to sort through without more crap to open.
:stupid:

I have several co-workers that respond to EVERY email they receive. I only respond to emails with information requests or questions in them.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
the Inbred said:
like, if a company responds to a question you asked, or if they help you in any other way, do you reply in order to say "Thanks...", or do you just leave it be?
Depends on the formality, but usually if it's less formal and we're just shooting emails across the office. If I do I try to make it more than just "thanks -A". What I hate is when I send an important email about one of our programs and get NO response at all. That drives me nuts.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
if its a very large company and they send me a generic, cookie cutter email, then no i will not send a 'thank you' email. but if it is a smaller company or they really take the time to help me out then i usually will reply with how it went and i make sure to say thanks for the help.