Quantcast

Do you spend more time working on your bike or working on the trails?

Do you spend more time working on bike or dirtjumps?

• Dirty chains make me cry

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • There's no greater feeling than boosting off a perfect lip. Well maybe there's one....

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
I am one of those fanatics about a clean perfect bike...BUT I work hardcore on the trails, I just set apart a little time each week for my bike, I take it all apart and go over everything on sunday nights...and I always clean it before I go to sleep (if it is filthy, if I am riding urban I don't bother)...
I find it relaxing, and especially after a really awesome day jumping and you hit the rythm section perfect, and whatever, and you are completely stoked, I find it brings me down and normalizes me...I am in the airforce, so I am up early every morning, and I am responsible for the lives of the aircrews, that will fly the next day (I am a technician on Helos), so sleep is important.

Cleaning and maintaining my bike levels me before I go back to work at the beggining of a week, and before I go to sleep every night.. otherwise I might be up all night cuz I am to revved up.
It is not WORKING on the trails that makes a bike dirty anyhow, so don't assume that a clean bike means a LAZY rider...chances are it means the opposite.

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Originally posted by shootr
It is not WORKING on the trails that makes a bike dirty anyhow, so don't assume that a clean bike means a LAZY rider...chances are it means the opposite.
Of course. Sometime it just seem that people are more wrapped up in their bikes than helping out the community by contributing a bit at the trails, that's all.

Oh, I know what you mean, the one thing that REALLY ticks me off is when it is raining, or just rained, and some A$$HOLE starts making lines in the DJs you worked for a week builing, thinking that it is "cool" to jump in the mud...
they don't have a CLUE how much damage they have done cuz they NEVER invest work in building them...
IF they had EVER built a DJ, and seen how much time and effort went into them the wouldn't be jumping them when they are muddy..

Yeah, that and the kids who stand around on their shiny new bikes that daddy just bought, who sit and point out what "they" think you should do with the dirt, and don't lift a finger, and the second you move on to the next mound, they start rolling over the top of the lip you just perfected trying to "ride" down the backside, doing a half-a$$ed bunnyhop and having their rear tire smash down that "perfect" lip....

I am a SUPER mellow guy in real life, never yell, never get mad, even traffic is cool with me...but that kinda makes me sick...that lack of respect...
so I am with you on all of this..
I think that EVERYONE who djs, should help building, at teh very least they will learn to respect the jump and not abuse it.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
my jumps got plowed!!!!!!!!!! so i dont really have any thing to work on besides my bike, if i had trails i would definitly be working on those instead of my bike, i ride my bike, i dont look at it!!!!! :D :cool: :)

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Oh, I know what you mean, the one thing that REALLY ticks me off is when it is raining, or just rained, and some A$$HOLE starts making lines in the DJs you worked for a week builing, thinking that it is "cool" to jump in the mud...
they don't have a CLUE how much damage they have done cuz they NEVER invest work in building them...
IF they had EVER built a DJ, and seen how much time and effort went into them the wouldn't be jumping them when they are muddy..

Yeah, that and the kids who stand around on their shiny new bikes that daddy just bought, who sit and point out what "they" think you should do with the dirt, and don't lift a finger, and the second you move on to the next mound, they start rolling over the top of the lip you just perfected trying to "ride" down the backside, doing a half-a$$ed bunnyhop and having their rear tire smash down that "perfect" lip....

I am a SUPER mellow guy in real life, never yell, never get mad, even traffic is cool with me...but that kinda makes me sick...that lack of respect...
so I am with you on all of this..
I think that EVERYONE who djs, should help building, at teh very least they will learn to respect the jump and not abuse it.
Wow, you're my twin. :eek: Another thing that bothers me is when people who aren't riding tell you to do tricks, then when you do one they say something like, "Yeah that was alright, kinda unsmooth though."
There their cell phone rings, "Oh **** my mom wants me home, guess I'll have to try the jumps some other time." Or people that start fights at the jumps.:rolleyes:

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
Originally posted by monkeyboy424
my jumps got plowed!!!!!!!!!! so i dont really have any thing to work on besides my bike, if i had trails i would definitly be working on those instead of my bike, i ride my bike, i dont look at it!!!!! :D :cool: :)
i feel your pain, the jumps around here got plowed recently too, but everyones gettin together to make new ones, so its all good.

Originally posted by hardtail_schmuk

Wow, you're my twin. :eek: Another thing that bothers me is when people who aren't riding tell you to do tricks, then when you do one they say something like, "Yeah that was alright, kinda unsmooth though."
There their cell phone rings, "Oh **** my mom wants me home, guess I'll have to try the jumps some other time." Or people that start fights at the jumps.:rolleyes:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
yes, exactly, those "armchair coaches", who see you busting your a$$ trying a trick, and they say, "hey man, why don't you do it like {insert pro DJer here} like in {insert Video name here}!!!"

or they just hang around the side of the jump, critiquing you even before you take off....

and they all have reflectors and kickstands....OR they have top of the line "team" bikes, and brand new Etnies, nike jersey, and Tommy shorts...with no calouses on there hands, and when they ride away they sit on the seat while pedaling!!!

those guys slay me!!!

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
they ride away they sit on the seat while pedaling!!!

those guys slay me!!!
hey, i ride away on my seat:devil: but i dont critique and i got alot of calouses. and i dont have a team bike, nike or tommy or etnies.

racerX

Chimp
Jan 20, 2002
Camas Valley, Oregon
Ya know what really pisses me off! the town I live near just built a really nice skate park for all the young kids in the area. it was great, bikes and boards, no problem people respected space and all. I ride mtb so I would generally watch all these kids pullin 360's etc on their BMXs it was really cool made me feel a little old but hey they kicked a$$. then the other day I ride by the park (on my way to DJ) to see the BMXers ride and there is a sign posted that read skateboards only 1500.00 fine for trespassing on a bike. later I found out that a 14 year old had recieved one of these rediculous fines. time limits for bikes was from 7am to 10am or 12am (not sure) the rest of the day for skate. I suck at math but come on 3 to 4 hours compared to almost all day. what do you think?

RacerX:devil: :angry:

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
do you ride away sitting on your seat on a BMX??

or your MTB that you use for DJing...
(I was refering to BMXs)

if you ride away on your BMX seat, you have it WAY too high...
bmx...and no my seat is not high at all, around me. you see people riding away from the park or jumps sitting and pedaling, even :eek: the local pros.