Quantcast

do you think your car has a personality?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
That's weird. I heard on the radio today that people's dislike for driving is at an all time high. I wish I could just ride everywhere, but it's just not possible for me. :(

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
my car definitely has a personality. unforgiving :D

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
i have never bought a car new off the lot in my life and every vehicle i have ever owned I have done 99% of the wrench work myself, so i have, perhaps, an odd perspective. for good or for bad somehow a honda civic that runs like a swiss watch with 350000 miles or an international scout that you've had on its roof a half a dozen times do, in fact, develop a sort of personality.

goons buying a brand new chrysler 300, giving it a name and saying it has personality = teh lame.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
chuffer said:
i have never bought a car new off the lot in my life and every vehicle i have ever owned I have done 99% of the wrench work myself, so i have, perhaps, an odd perspective. for good or for bad somehow a honda civic that runs like a swiss watch with 350000 miles or an international scout that you've had on its roof a half a dozen times do, in fact, develop a sort of personality.

goons buying a brand new chrysler 300, giving it a name and saying it has personality = teh lame.
I agree with you... Certain cars CAN have "personality"... just most don't

SS, you just haven't had the right cars yet! no my subie's don't have personality, they just get me to where I need to be.

some of my VW's have had the unrelenting nag personality! and my Austin Healy just cries to me every time I see it... "FIX ME YOU LAZY BASTARD" then again that just may be my internal monologue!:cool:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
My cars have never had any "personality."

People are retarded.
perhaps cars reflect their owners' personalities... :think: :oink:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Mine is really annoying.

It nags and nags, and whenever I go to take it to the garage it complains about being "violated" or something.

...sounds like a snobby, douchebag too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My car, no.

cars and personality, depends.....

and one of my favorites, the sh!tty splitty

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
after seeing stevew's reply, i do allow for the fact that some cars could have a personality. certainly not 30% though.

btw, is that a hippie stuck in the 'splitty's' grill?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
brungeman said:
I agree with you... Certain cars CAN have "personality"... just most don't

SS, you just haven't had the right cars yet! no my subie's don't have personality, they just get me to where I need to be.
Oh, I've had plenty of "interesting" cars. I just don't subscribe to the tired habit people have of anthropomorphizing everything. Cars don't have personality. They are piles of metal, plastic, and poisonous fluids.

some of my VW's have had the unrelenting nag personality! and my Austin Healy just cries to me every time I see it... "FIX ME YOU LAZY BASTARD" then again that just may be my internal monologue!:cool:
There's your answer.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'll have my car on cruise control going 70 and see that I'm passing a car way too fast, then look down and see that it is going 80. Some days it is like a little race car, sometimes its exactly what it is, a saturn l-series.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
dh girlie said:
My car talks to me like Kit on Night Rider....
I guess Kit screwed things up with that telephone pole and sportworks rack a couple of years back. :clue:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My car is the "TheInbred" of cars. It just keeps rolling along without doing anything of interest :rofl:

..kidding dude.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
BurlyShirley said:
My car is the "TheInbred" of cars. It just keeps rolling along without doing anything of interest :rofl:

..kidding dude.
hahaha

The only thing interesting mine ever did was to run away from home for 30 days once.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
chicodude said:
Why of COURSE mine does!!!

there you go again.
you just had to post a pic of the truck didn't ya ? :)

that's a realy bad angle.
you can't see the maple leaf or the bike rack. :sneaky:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dhbuilder said:
there you go again.
you just had to post a pic of the truck didn't ya ? :)

that's a realy bad angle.
you can't see the maple leaf or the bike rack. :sneaky:

Bwahahaha...Yea I had to....But never again....I promise.... :D