Quantcast

do you use last.fm? how openminded are you?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my reporting hasn't worked either. not reporting songs from volumes other than the startup disc is stupid, as is not reporting songs played on iPhones...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my reporting hasn't worked either. not reporting songs from volumes other than the startup disc is stupid, as is not reporting songs played on iPhones...
can you report songs played from yr iPod?

and what do you mean by:
"not reporting songs from volumes other than the startup disc is stupid"?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
can you report songs played from yr iPod?

and what do you mean by:
"not reporting songs from volumes other than the startup disc is stupid"?
i sold my iPod (along with the RAZR and Nokia 770 whose collective functionality the iPhone supplanted -- yay for convoluted sentences).

about the startup volume deal: i have my iTunes library on an external drive. Audioscrobbler only looks at iTunes libraries that are within /Users/username/Music/iTunes Music Library or whatever the actual path is.

from http://www.last.fm/help/faq/?category=iPod+Scrobbling :

last.fm said:
My iPod never gets detected by Last.fm.
[...] Also note, iPhones are NOT supported.

My iPod is detected but no tracks get scrobbled.
Have you set your iTunes library to a custom location? If so, Last.fm might not be able to find it. We will add an option for specifying this manually in an upcoming version.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ah, so that only impacts tunes scrobbled via yr iPod? i wasn't trying to report those anyway.

edit - i did get my foobar / scrobbler worked out, but still no luck w/ my squeezebox.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nope, even tunes played from the computer/iTunes don't get reported since they all live on the external drive.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Funny, I keep all of my music on a partition of my hard drive and have no issues submitting tracks to last.fm - not to mention all my iPod tracks usually get synced as well. At least, I think they are?

EDIT: I don't really tag a lot of music though, I wonder if that affects my OMI or not? Interesting. I don't get out there on last.fm that much, but whenever I do I always think I should use it more.