Quantcast

do you use the travel adjustment on your fork?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
jacksonpt said:
I played around with my fork a bit this weekend... just in my yard and such. seems like the TA shortens the fork by about 1.5". That's a lot more than I had expected. Perhaps it's worth trying out on some of those steeper climbs when I have trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground.
Yes!!!! we have converted you! :dancing:

The night time is the right time.... The night time is the right time....
The night time is the right time.... The night time is the right time....

oops sorry that's the chant for the "other" cult....

J

JRB

I should have popped mine to 5" today, but went with it at 4" anyway. The rebound was fast, there were lots of little 6"-10" drops and roots to bounce off of and not get soaked up. I busted my ass. Good news is, it wasn't a header. The better news is, I will ride it next time at 5" with a touch more air. Wumpus cruised on the Banshee and Ryan cruised on a steel Fisher single. I was very disappointed to have crashed, but it was a steep bitch for me. It was still an awesome ride, travel adjust or not.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I would use the one on my black to ride to school (80-100).
But My handlebars are low as it is.
And I have a high bb for a HT.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I used TALAS on my Fox 125 and I loved it so I plan to use it on my 36 once I get it mounted. Same goes for my Sherman Firefly, the 4" mode makes climbing geometry much better.

I love that TALAS is infinite and linear but it does kinds suck to have to wind it all the way up and down. I love that RTA is quick but I hate that it preloads the spring and rides like poop plus you only have the choice between long and short with no in between.

Travel adjustments on forks rule IMO. I'm not so keen on rear suspension travel adjustments because they usually compromise something such as leverage ratio or spring rate which makes the extra travel worthless.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i shuttled up to Halakalea on Maui, man could you imagine not shuttling that sucker. 10,000 ft. sustained climb.... i'd have to get a "real" xc bike for that one.