Quantcast

Do you work for the industry?

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I was in the industry for 17 years. I've been a wrench, salesman, store manager, service manager, sales/warranty/sponsorship/etc at FSA. Recently got out of the industry for a better paying/more regular schedule type job. I do miss it sometimes... only sometimes... :D

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
Sort of work for the industry - I work with "special behaivioural needs" (i.e. very disruptive) kids who have been excluded from normal school lessons. I teach them about maths, technology, graphic design and whatever else I can using bikes (mainly BMXs) as examples and a basis for practical work

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
dexterq20 said:
Best name for a bike shop. Ever. Too bad you gotta deal with gaper tourists though. In my experience, Tahoe vacationers are some of the worst.
Thanks dude, wish I thought of it. :thumb:
Man, it's been rental hell this week. Been putting people on $2000 plus Rocky Mountain's to cruise the bike path because we've been running out of cruisers every morning.

bEttEs

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
belgium
Well I kind off work for the industry... with the obscene amount of money I spend on bikes I pay a large portion of industry-people's paychecks. :help:

oh yeah, used to work part-time at a bikeshop as wrench-sales guy, in belgium that is.

greetz
bettes

Snorre p

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
Lillehammer/oyer, Norway
I run a bike shop, bike rent and workshop in Lillehammer, Norway.
Built the DH cource in Hafjell (Olympic woman downhill arena) for the Hafjell MTB weekend. (pictures in Norway tread.)
Was also importing Fox hardwer and Mr.Dirt to Norway in my old job.
Now it is Fuji bikes.

"smiles pr hour"

Snorre