Quantcast

do your homework, kids

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
toshi sent me a solution that was quite a bit easier than what we used in class. unfortunately, the answer toshi gave would not have worked on the test, 'cause the test is multiple choice, and toshi's is not listed as an option. not even close to an option, from what i can tell. so if someone would like to relate:

ArcSinh [ (x - 1) / 3 ] + C

to

ln 1/3 |(root [x^2 -2x+10]) + x-1|+C

i'd be pretty happy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i can't figure out how to simplify that expression :D and neither can matlab. oh well.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
SkaredShtles said:
I think college is too easy. Hell, all I had to do was attend class and pay attention and I could ace basically every class I had. And when exam time rolled around, I'd study for a few hours for each class and ace the exam.

It was too friggin' easy, if you ask me.

-S.S.-
I don't think it's fair to say that "college" is too easy... I mean, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent human being and sometimes have some difficulties. I mean, I suppose your method would work here if I took the easiest classes I could find and didn't mind getting C's across the board.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
try f(g(h(x),
linear combos damit.

were doing stuff like this.

f(x)= ((4x^2)^-2)/2x^2
g(x)= 5x^2

find f(g(x). HA! but that still wont help you get the right ammount of change back. :rolleyes:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
mack said:
try f(g(h(x),
linear combos damit.

were doing stuff like this.

f(x)= ((4x^2)^-2)/2x^2
g(x)= 5x^2

find f(g(x). HA! but that still wont help you get the right ammount of change back. :rolleyes:
what in the world are you trying to say?

the Inbred said:
toshi sent me a solution that was quite a bit easier than what we used in class. unfortunately, the answer toshi gave would not have worked on the test, 'cause the test is multiple choice, and toshi's is not listed as an option. not even close to an option, from what i can tell. so if someone would like to relate:

ArcSinh [ (x - 1) / 3 ] + C

to

ln 1/3 |(root [x^2 -2x+10]) + x-1|+C

i'd be pretty happy.
Just for the record:

After shooting off my mouth, I found that it wasn't as simple as I thought.

J

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
SkaredShtles said:
I think college is too easy. Hell, all I had to do was attend class and pay attention and I could ace basically every class I had. And when exam time rolled around, I'd study for a few hours for each class and ace the exam.

It was too friggin' easy, if you ask me.

-S.S.-

depends where you go and what you study... :nope:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
the Inbred said:
oh yeah, something you pre-college kids have to look forward to:

i just got some stats from a calculus test i took last month (also a 300-person class). questions 1 - 9 of 17 were answered correctly by less than 60% of the class. question #4 was answered by less than 24% of the class. so, in theory, everyone could have guessed on #4 and done better. talk about confidence boosting. i think it's pretty much bull**** to write questions that hard.
Yeah, a lot of my classes were like that too. More intelligence weeding tests than actual tests of the material.

When my dad was an Engineering ugrad, he was given an opportunity to take an advanced graduate math class a few years early. When he got the exam back, he freaked out cuz he got a 19/100. He found out later that he'd done 3 pts better than anyone else in the class. neither of us think that's a good way to teach. :dead:

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
Ok, I figured it out.

I need a tutor. Im a freshman in highschool. not anything constant, just someone who can explain things that the book dosent. lousy homeschooling.

Any takers? Please?