Quantcast

Dodged another bullet.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Peddled into work today, which isn't something I normally do on a "work" day. I usually ride on the weekend since Saturday is my Monday, then ride the BMW on Monday/Tuesday. But the weather was supposed to be nice and the wind very favorable so I decided last minute, "fvck it, Ima gonna ride" today. Made it to work no issues. Coming home though I've got the wind (15mph+!) to my back and I'm working the single speed like a rented mule. Going through an industrial area, I'm 2-3 foot from the RH curb rapidly approaching a stop sign (as in less than 15 ft), so I've kind of backed off a little and have got my head down catching my breath. Then I look up. Not 3 feet a way a guy in a grey dodge caravan is coming to a screeching stop so he doesn't hit me head on. Mr. Douchenozzle was coming from the east and has cut the corner so tight he is in danger of hitting my stop sign with his driver side mirror. I hop off the bike and give the old hands raised "WTF?" yell. Mr Douchenozzle looks at me like I just landed in a UFO. So I yell it again, "WTF?!?!" Mr. Douchenozzle takes a bite from his apple and looks at me like I'm the dick. Since I've already been on the losing end of an exchange with a car I move over so this dickhead can go around, cause I can be right but still be dead, except by this time other traffic is showing, and now Mr. Douchenozzle cant go anywhere. By now I've had time to come to grip with the fact that I almost died (again) and am not only just pissed off, but more than a little shaken. Traffic from the west honks at him because not only is he blocking my lane but the RH east bound lane also. Mr Douchnozzle then speeds through the intersection cutting off a guy trying to make a right turn from the west, because I'm mad, and stupid, and have had a couple seconds to think, I take a right foot kick at the guys rear quarter panel. LH Rear Quarter panel totally caves and the tow cleats leave two long scratched down the side. It was stupid and I can't believe the guy didn't stop, but I'm glad, if he had one of us would have left that intersection on a stretcher.

/coolstorybro. Sorry, still more than a little freaked out and I've had some drinks to try and calm down. So far its not working.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This one I can get behind.

Why? Bicycles have no license plates. But I would probably skip riding on this route for a few weeks, if not months.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
This one I can get behind.

Why? Bicycles have no license plates. But I would probably skip riding on this route for a few weeks, if not months.
this.

good thing is, there's a nice stretch of pavement on drennen b/t powers & academy not yet open to the public (delta's kinda sketch until hancock)

/stalker

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
this.

good thing is, there's a nice stretch of pavement on drennen b/t powers & academy not yet open to the public (delta's kinda sketch until hancock)

/stalker
You do still care. :cupidarrow: I only go as far south as Fountain though and as of thursday drennen was open all the way. That could have changed as there was still a lot of contruction going on

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm glad you didn't get tossed by the car. Also glad that you left a mark. Have fun out there! Maybe you should be rolling to work strapped so you can keep those CO. Springs psycho's off your back

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
One thing I like about riding here is that the larger vehicle is automatically at fault for any accident.
Glad you're OK mate.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks guys. Nursing a raging hang over this morning, but it beats Physical Therapy for sure. Do I go back and correct all of my typos and spelling errors from last night or leave them for posterity? I sure do ramble when I'm drunk and angry. :think:

Glad you're ok. Did you happen to notice what kind of apple he was eating? Granny Smiths are the best imo.
It was Green. What kind of car do you drive? :clue: