Quantcast

Dodger Stadium ruined forever!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its not like the Dodger are making good use of it. they should have Supercross races during their home games, maybe then their games would be more interesting.

why let a giant stadium go to waste during the winter? having races during the off-season brings in a lot of money for them. hell, all new stadiums/domes were designed around multi-use functions.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Lame article. I'm no fan of baseball, so the "specialness" of the stadium is lost on me. As for the presence of fights, I saw none all day. In fact the crowd was fairly friendly, peaceful and respectful (I took my cane, not because I need it, but as a signal to others that my walking isn't quite normal, and everybody gave me a wide path and right-of-way at intersections). I'm not sure of the normal baseball crowd there, so I won't just assume them fighters. As for the rental fee of $25,000, there were 45,000 butts in seats, tickets weren't exactly cheap, and the concession stands were selling out of food and drink. I'd say it was a fairly good deal for the stadium.

Also, the races were awesome to see. Watching Bubba blow his lead in the heat and the main, then manage to claw back to a threat for first-place each time certainly was worth my money.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I like baseball, but I hate the idea that it is some kind of sacred sport.

Frankly, after allowing massive doping in the 90's, I would think baseball would recognize they are a bunch of money grubbers.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dodger Stadium has an all you can eat section in right field, so by default it is awesome. No matter what event it is, you can stuff yourself until you pass out.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Its just a stadium. Use it or knock it down so we can put up another strip mall. The author of the article is a knuckle head holding on to an invisible past.