Quantcast

does anybody listen to....

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
all of my friends say the kind of music i listen to is so stupid, does anybody listen to:
Nine Inch Nails
The mars volta
A perfect circle
Tenacious D
KMFDM
or stuff like that.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
what?!!??!? see now you've just gone and said the wrong thing, how do they have cult followings? for onethe mars volta is an amazing band that has amazing music, the same goes for nine inch nails, and kmfdm, who doesn't like jack black, and a perfect circle sings about stuff that matters, like why this world is going to ****. now explain why they have cults.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Dirtjumper999 said:
what?!!??!? see now you've just gone and said the wrong thing, how do they have cult followings? for onethe mars volta is an amazing band that has amazing music, the same goes for nine inch nails, and kmfdm, who doesn't like jack black, and a perfect circle sings about stuff that matters, like why this world is going to ****. now explain why they have cults.
are you retarded?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
uh...

Wikipedia -

"Cult Following" is also used to describe the more obsessive fans of established mainstream performers. For example, many persons have been interested in Michael Jackson's music or in Disney films, but some fans take their interest to what are generally considered extreme levels, such as hoarding vast amounts of collectables. Some such "cult fans" occasionally veer into obsessive-compulsive disorders or stalking, however for the most part a cult following as described in this article does not take part in cultist activities.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Dirtjumper999 said:
all of my friends say the kind of music i listen to is so stupid, does anybody listen to:
Nine Inch Nails
The mars volta
A perfect circle
Tenacious D
KMFDM
or stuff like that.
Dude, your the normal one, your friends are just plain wierd. :thumb:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Dirtjumper999 said:
Nine Inch Nails
The mars volta
A perfect circle
Tenacious D
KMFDM
or stuff like that.
You think you're out of place? Try going to a conservative Christian university and telling everyone you listen to Tool. NIN and the mars volta are the only of your bands that I listen to, but you really shouldn't be worried about what you listen to. You define you music, don't let your friends define your music.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Dirtjumper999 said:
...the only person in the world who listened to this stuff
You would need to be spending an awful lot of money buying their records and t-shirts to keep those bands fed if you were the ONLY one...

:think:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
the Inbred said:
that is a damn good question. the last explanation i heard was:

Kill
Mother
****ers
Depeche
Mode

or something like that.

not quite. its german. Kein Mitleid für das Mehrheit translates to No Pity for the Majority

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
well lets see, there are 3 logical ways for you have to discovered these bands. 1. someone told you about them 2. you heard or saw them on the tv or radio 3. you read about them somewhere.
now, for someone to have told you about them they obviously listen to the band because most people usually dont bring up bands that suck but you have never heard of. if they are on tv or the radio then someone must like the band enough to actually play them on the radio or show them on the tv. and for the last one, not many people write about bands that are terrible and should not be allowed to play anywhere because the best way to make someone or something disappear from the mainstream is to not give them any press at all. so if you actually think about it, you arent the only person who listens to those bands.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
sorry guys my computers been down, about the cults, my bad- brain fart. um kmfdm, they make a lot of german type metal. I first heard of them while looking up stuff on that old music download thing called morpheas. NIN my brother listened to it a lot when i was a baby, and i just really liked the music, very....me. The mars volta. i was listening to "at the drive in" and realized that they hadn't been coming out with anymore albums, and looked them up, and the lead singer and guitarist got into a band calle dthe mars volta. first one of there's that i heard was televators. awesome song.

then tool, i just heard them on xm and liked it. always been a fan of a perfect circle. Tenacious d i first heard of when i was looking in the store at cd's and saw jack black and kyle with a demon behind them and thought "thats gotta be good"

But yeah all of this kicks ass, and i rolled up next to a police car when i drove my car to get it filled and i was blasting Starfvckers by NIN, and so that was pretty fun he didn't look to happy.lol, but yeah guys good to see some monkeys have great taste in music.

peace

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Dirtjumper, you have a decent taste in music...now expand it a bit.

Try Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly, Front 242, Strapping Young Lad, Fear Factory, Slick Idiot, Ministry....

All fairly well known bands, should have no trouble finding them.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
eh, don't worry about it... I listen to some of that stuff, but some of it I've never heard of. That's part of what's cool about music - there's sooo much of it out there everyone can find something that works for them.