Quantcast

Does anybody NOT want an SC Nomad with a Fox36?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Seriously,

How could you not want one? If I won the lottery tomorrow and could buy all the bikes in the world I wanted, I would probably ride that one all the time. :drool:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
brand whore.
Thats what really got me thinking about it. Maybe a Foes Inferno or an Intense 6.6 would be a comparison....but wow. That bike is so hot. I wanna pee on it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
Thats what really got me thinking about it. Maybe a Foes Inferno or an Intense 6.6 would be a comparison....but wow. That bike is so hot. I wanna pee on it.
i just found this picture of burly:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I guess it depends on the type of riding you're used to. I'm not sure I'd want that bike as it's too "in between" - give me a 4" XC bike or a 7" freerider.

Don't get me wrong, I love my yeti (which is an "in betweener"), but if I won the lottery, I wouldn't own any in between bikes. And as it sits, I'd still take a 575 over the nomad (though I haven't seen or ridden a nomad, so...).

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ive owned a bunch of bikes at once before, and it just kind of ruins it for me. I like the idea of just having one. Difference in philosophy i guess.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
SXtrailrider said:
yeha i would still stick with this bike, it is cheaper and I think it is nicer.
Meh. Same old FSR. Dont care for it so much, but for sure go with what you like.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I had my order in for one last sept.. I cancelled it once i got this:

I couldnt be happier with my switch

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
hooples3 said:
I had my order in for one last sept.. I cancelled it once i got this:

I couldnt be happier with my switch
So you paid more for a copycat. Good idea.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
BurlyShirley said:
no actually i paid less...and trust me when i say this the intense frame is made much better/nicer than the SC. and this is coming from someone who has owned several Santacruz bikes

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
hooples3 said:
no actually i paid less...and trust me when i say this the intense frame is made much better/nicer than the SC. and this is coming from someone who has owned several Santacruz bikes
If you got a better deal, than good on you. I personally dont prefer Intense's workmanship over SC from what Ive seen and the sheer number of exploded swingarms on M1s and Uzzis over the years, but I have no doubt that its a good bike. They are quite similar and at MSRP the santa cruz is cheaper.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
'better' and 'nicer' sound cool and all, but how does that exactly translate to the actual ride quality?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
'better' and 'nicer' sound cool and all, but how does that exactly translate to the actual ride quality?
thats tough to say... something I feel rides awesome you may think rides like doo-doo. and vice versa.
I have been on a nomad and obviously a 6.6. I like the ride on the 6.6 better. The nomad felt more like a xc bike to me.. and reminded me of my heckler with a little more travel. it is a sweet bike but I choose the intense. I also didnt like the fact that SC jerked me around for 3 months waiting for the Nomad. plus I did get a screaming deal on the frame

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
BurlyShirley said:
Meh. Same old FSR. Dont care for it so much, but for sure go with what you like.
Meh. Same old Outland VPP :D Rather not have my balls crushed by a "gas" tank.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
BurlyShirley said:
If you got a better deal, than good on you. I personally dont prefer Intense's workmanship over SC from what Ive seen and the sheer number of exploded swingarms on M1s and Uzzis over the years, but I have no doubt that its a good bike. They are quite similar and at MSRP the santa cruz is cheaper.
no my bike is better !!!!!:rolleyes:
I know what you mean. i would be a proud owner of a nomad if they were making XL's in sept- dec.. they told me it would be sept. and by dec still no XL nomad. If i had one im sure i would like it. I wound up with an outrageous deal on a 6.6 , rode it, loved it. either way you cant go wrong with either bike. have you ever rode a 6.6??

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
hooples3 said:
no my bike is better !!!!!:rolleyes:
I know what you mean. i would be a proud owner of a nomad if they were making XL's in sept- dec.. they told me it would be sept. and by dec still no XL nomad. If i had one im sure i would like it. I wound up with an outrageous deal on a 6.6 , rode it, loved it. either way you cant go wrong with either bike. have you ever rode a 6.6??
I havent ridden a 66, and spent very little time on a nomad, to be quite honest. Im sure Id be happy with either.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Im totally all for riding that bike we have one at the shop i used to work at in highschool sitting around (exact color scheme and spec) :drool:. Those things are damn $$$ even at dealer cost level..:dead:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BurlyShirley said:
Ive owned a bunch of bikes at once before, and it just kind of ruins it for me. I like the idea of just having one. Difference in philosophy i guess.
I know what you mean. I just sold a brand new 575 that didn't do it for me. Yes I would have ridden it and yes it was a sick bike, but I love my Yeti DJ for everything even XC. I couldn't have both. :nopity: I have a full blown DH rig that I race, my DJ that I do everything else on and a road bike I train on.

However, when I stop all this sponsor stuff, I'm going to settle down with a Spec. SX Trail.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
I know what you mean. I just sold a brand new 575 that didn't do it for me. Yes I would have ridden it and yes it was a sick bike, but I love my Yeti DJ for everything even XC. I couldn't have both. :nopity: I have a full blown DH rig that I race, my DJ that I do everything else on and a road bike I train on.

However, when I stop all this sponsor stuff, I'm going to settle down with a Spec. SX Trail.
Ive just done the same. I had a DH bike and an XC bike always at least. Now I just have a bullit built lightly and am totally content.
Speaking of riding tho, I need to come up to windrock again sometime soon. None of the nashville guys have any idea what that place is like, think you or one of your crew could take a day to show us some more stuff? I can show them the older trails and all, but even I wont do some of the crap you all have built recently. Would be nice to show these guys some real riding.

J

JRB

Yeah - I am ditching the XC bike and getting the Reign for a trail bike. The Haro will be back to 5", and will be an urban bike. I may do a little jumping on it, if I grow some balls.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BurlyShirley said:
think you or one of your crew could take a day to show us some more stuff?
I'd be more than happy. Trails should open up sometime in early March depending on weather.

BTW, I can't take any credit for building at Windrock. Joey has a superb crew (Terry, Brian, and Mark), that does all the work. I spend most of my time building dirt jumps and goof-off stuff at Bigfoot.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
profro said:
I'd be more than happy. Trails should open up sometime in early March depending on weather.

BTW, I can't take any credit for building at Windrock. Joey has a superb crew (Terry, Brian, and Mark), that does all the work. I spend most of my time building dirt jumps and goof-off stuff at Bigfoot.
Awesome. Id be interested in checking out bigfoot as well. Never been there. I may PM you later if I can get these guys together for a ride sometime in spring. They are mostly XC guys, but they are learning. Appreciate the help.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
profro said:

Yo Doug,
PM me Kalan's number if you have it.
I am heading up to Snowshoe this afternoon.:)
Thanks man, JR

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
BurlyShirley said:
Hardly.

The same sticker on the chainstay doesn't mean the same bike.

The geometries are different and look at the difference in where the shocks are mounted on the frame. If the uzzi vpx and the vpfree are fair comparisons, the ride is definitely different.

One is a falling rate and one is progressive. That translates into quite a different ride.

I'm one of the people that has zero interest in a nomad for that reason.