Quantcast

Does anybody NOT want an SC Nomad with a Fox36?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
WTF are you trying to prove here? That you dont want an SC nomad. Yeah, we got it, but you're still an idiot. OBVIOUSLY no one will ever agree on one bike, but for you to say a 6.6 is "better in every way" is even more retarded than your usual posts. Name ONE benefit besides a negligable weight difference that is not subjective.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
More TT clearance/less ugly TT. Weighs slightly less. And most importantly, geometry and suspension design which kidwoo already mentioned:

kidwoo said:
Hardly.

The same sticker on the chainstay doesn't mean the same bike.

The geometries are different and look at the difference in where the shocks are mounted on the frame. If the uzzi vpx and the vpfree are fair comparisons, the ride is definitely different.

One is a falling rate and one is progressive. That translates into quite a different ride.

I'm one of the people that has zero interest in a nomad for that reason.
edit: incase you forget - 1.5 makes the frame and headset stronger too

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
syadasti said:
More TT clearance/less ugly TT. Weighs slightly less. And most importantly, geometry and suspension design which kidwoo already mentioned:
Exactly what I said, nothing that isnt subjective besides a negligable weght difference (which Im not even sure of). Good job with that. :confused:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
syadasti said:
Great minds think (quote?) alike:D

I read in the 06 Specialized preview Barrencloth said the 06 SX Trail was his favorite Specialized bike, wish it was available like that when I got mine :(
Yeah I kinda took your words and rephrased them to fit the current frame and added a few things.... They are just how it is....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I just thought I would add to this that the Nomad is actually LIGHTER than the 6.6 as well.

Nomad: 7.15 lbs
6.6: 7.24 lbs

Syadisti full of it again.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Oh man, 40 grams difference in your figures! That could be due to scale differences/error or manufacturing variance

I saw the prototype in person and it was 7 1/4 lbs. like you said but only have seen production Nomad weights - Speedgoat measured is 7.45 lbs.

Either case the additional of 1.5 does not make any real noticeable weight difference to the rider

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
syadasti said:
Oh man, 40 grams difference in your figures! That could be due to scale differences/error or manufacturing variance

I saw the prototype in person and it was 7 1/4 lbs. like you said but only have seen production Nomad weights - Speedgoat measured is 7.45 lbs.

Either case the additional of 1.5 does not make any real noticeable weight difference to the rider
Hey, I didnt post ANY of it as fact earlier. Dont be pissed at me.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
BurlyShirley said:
Hey, I didnt post ANY of it as fact earlier. Dont be pissed at me.
It proves my point, 1.5 doesn't change weight in any significant amount to similar purpose frames ;)

Your claimed frame weights are meaningless too, get two identical size and rear shock model (DHX air on both) frame ACTUAL weights...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i dont want the nomad. while it can do everything well, it does nothing great. that be a fact that no frame can get around.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
syadasti said:
It proves my point, 1.5 doesn't change weight in any significant amount to similar purpose frames ;)

Your claimed frame weights are meaningless too, get two identical size and rear shock model (DHX air on both) frame ACTUAL weights...
No. You're still being stupid. You said point blank that the 6.6 was better in every way including lighter. Turns out you were just talking out your ass as usual. Own up to it.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
syadasti said:

WHY?

Why do you feel the need to crap on every thread?

If your life is that pathetic you should go kill yourself.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
BurlyShirley said:
If you got a better deal, than good on you. I personally dont prefer Intense's workmanship over SC from what Ive seen and the sheer number of exploded swingarms on M1s and Uzzis over the years, but I have no doubt that its a good bike. They are quite similar and at MSRP the santa cruz is cheaper.

I have to agree with Burly on this one. I've never personally owned an Intense but know plenty of people that do or have owned them. I do own two Santa Cruz bikes and they have been ridden hard and have never given me the slightest bit of concern about breaking. The Intense owners on the other hand have broken fairly often. The LBS that I have used for several years sold both Santa Cruz and Intense along with Ellsworth, Kona, and a few other brands. There seemed to always be a couple of Intense frames hanging in the back waiting to be sent in for waranty repairs due to breakage. The only brand of frame that was more problematic than Intense were the Ellsworth frames which really cracked often. I'm sure people have broken their Santa Cruz frames but I don't know anyone that has and living in the Bay Area, Santa Cruz is probably one of the top sellers along with Specialized.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
lonewolfe said:
I have to agree with Burly on this one. I've never personally owned an Intense but know plenty of people that do or have owned them. I do own two Santa Cruz bikes and they have been ridden hard and have never given me the slightest bit of concern about breaking. The Intense owners on the other hand have broken fairly often. The LBS that I have used for several years sold both Santa Cruz and Intense along with Ellsworth, Kona, and a few other brands. There seemed to always be a couple of Intense frames hanging in the back waiting to be sent in for waranty repairs due to breakage. The only brand of frame that was more problematic than Intense were the Ellsworth frames which really cracked often. I'm sure people have broken their Santa Cruz frames but I don't know anyone that has and living in the Bay Area, Santa Cruz is probably one of the top sellers along with Specialized.
i am a SC heckler owner and used to have a bullitt. i love them both.. you have to keep im mind that there are probably double the amount of M1's out there than any SC bike. also keep in mind its a DH bike that many people including pros ride on a daily basis, so to say you see more in the shop <which I however do not see> is a little biased I would think

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
hooples3 said:
jeesh now im sorry i brought up my 6.6...

which i'd still take over the nomad anyday :rolleyes: :blah: :)
Well actually it was me calling BS on his 1.5 cluelessness that made him foam at the mouth :p

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
syadasti said:
Well actually it was me calling BS on his 1.5 cluelessness that made him foam at the mouth :p
I wish you could read, honestly. I never at ANY POINT said that 1.5 didnt have some benefits. I said that having a 1.5 gives you no benefit if you dont plan on ever running a 1.5. How can you be so fvcking stupid as not to see that?
Everyone who has read this thread can see that you're dumb. Not that that's news or anything, but just so you know, you proved nothing but that youre still an idiot.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
BurlyShirley said:
I said that having a 1.5 gives you no benefit if you dont plan on ever running a 1.5.
Try the search tool. 1.5 gives various benefits regardless of whether you are running 1.5 fork...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
syadasti said:
Try the search tool. 1.5 gives various benefits regardless of whether you are running 1.5 fork...
Try drinking bleach and shooting yourself while your parents watch

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
hooples3 said:
i am a SC heckler owner and used to have a bullitt. i love them both.. you have to keep im mind that there are probably double the amount of M1's out there than any SC bike. also keep in mind its a DH bike that many people including pros ride on a daily basis, so to say you see more in the shop <which I however do not see> is a little biased I would think
Well, I am certainly not a pro and my exposure to said frames is limited as 95% of the bike shops in the Bay Area will not have a single downhill bike in the store. So, I am most familiar with the shop that did cater to the downhill/freeride clientele. In the big picture, I really have no idea if there are more M1's than V10's, VP FREE'S or BULLITS in the race world. The downhill races that I have attended probably had more Bullits and Big Hits than any other type of bikes. As for the people that were actually winning in their categories seemed to be on V10's more than any other brand. This is not scientific but just my observation. I have never been to any races in the National or World Cup series so these are more grass roots type events than those. Sea Otter is the only event that I have been to that had most of the top pro's in attendence and they were riding whatever bike their sponsors supplied them.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Haha Intense is overpriced and them frames are lighter for a reason, and usually not a good reason at that.

But they are the chi chi buy for a rider with fat pockets who doesn't weigh over a buck fiddy.

The low BB is exactly the reason why i'm moving away from Specialized 4 bar. Dammit i love the feel of the bike, but nearly every trail i ride has roots rocks and all kinds of clutter. It's just too much hassle to bash peddles and constanly be on my bashring over the clutter. It's like my bb is a third wheel when i ride.

The VPP suspension sag doesn't cause the bb to drop so much, and i just don't believe that it hinders me in any way to be higher on the cockpit, especially when i'm railing over clutter and want to pedal.

i think the TT complaint is a valid one, we'll see how many times it crushes the nads, but i really don't see it happening all too much. (i hope anyways)

But anyways, Burly your Bullit with your build is equal to the Nomad on the downhill spectrum in every way (Unless the VPP is less prone to brake jack). Climbing and wieght the Nomad kicks ass, but really unless you're from the Rockies west, or at Pisgah do you really have to worry all that much about that?

To summarize i'm really suprised Aggro seems to be all the rage, but hell i'm all for it. A nice light bike to climb up 3 to 5 thousand feet of elevation in anywhere from 20 to 30 miles, and a nice solid burly bike to acheive ludicrous speed on the way back down, my my my this modern day tech is making me very happy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
syadasti said:
Believe in OnePointFive and you have a place in the King-Dome of heaven.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
syadasti said:

i dunno if you knoticed. but last time i checked 7.24 was .1 LESS than 7 1/4. jsut letting you know