Quantcast

Does anybody NOT want an SC Nomad with a Fox36?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Whatever. This thread is over and he came out looking like a horses ass yet again. I hate arguing with that tool.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BurlyShirley said:
Whatever. This thread is over and he came out looking like a horses ass yet again.
Dont ever say a thing like that!

And yes I have gotten into it with him before, Actually over iPods prior to his title...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Dont ever say a thing like that!

And yes I have gotten into it with him before, Actually over iPods prior to his title...
lol you like to stir the pot huh???

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
you have to keep im mind that there are probably double the amount of M1's out there than any SC bike.
are you high? i think every high school canadian kid in the last 6 years was issued a bullit.

i'd probably even wager that there are more V10s than M1s, or at least it's close.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
are you high? i think every high school canadian kid in the last 6 years was issued a bullit.

i'd probably even wager that there are more V10s than M1s, or at least it's close.
canadian ?? who cares about them :rolleyes:

M1's have been around a lot longer than the bullits...by now way am i putting down bullits though.. back in the day other mfg's use the M1 with their color schemmes to race with... M1 is a staple in DH racing..
and besides this conversation has gotten way off subject

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
canadian ?? who cares about them :rolleyes:

M1's have been around a lot longer than the bullits...by now way am i putting down bullits though.. back in the day other mfg's use the M1 with their color schemmes to race with... M1 is a staple in DH racing..
and besides this conversation has gotten way off subject
no question that M1s were a dominant force on the DH race scene, but that's a fairly small population (spendy to join) as compared to the grommet/freeride scene.

edit - besides, any M1 made before '02 is most likely broken. ;)

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
well you dont matter :).

:eviltongu You don't either. :p

I think it is a damn sexy looking rig but I am not sold on the VPP. A buddy of mine that works at a LBS that sells a lot of Santa Cruz told me that about 75% of all the Blurs they have sold has had bearings and/or linkage problems. Hopefully the Nomad won't have the same issues.

Even though I haven't seen it yet I am getting a chubie for the new Type 6 with a 66 SL up front. :drool:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
narlus said:
no question that M1s were a dominant force on the DH race scene, but that's a fairly small population (spendy to join) as compared to the grommet/freeride scene.

edit - besides, any M1 made before '02 is most likely broken. ;)
Yep. I probably see 20 V10's for every M1.

I don't dig the Nomad or the 6.6....I'd be all over a Norco Six or an Enduro SX trail, though.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
hooples3 said:
...there are probably double the amount of M1's out there than any SC bike...

That seems crazy. Think of how many blurs, superlights, and chameleons there are out there...not to mention hecklers, bullits... The M1 was dominant, sure, but not so much the last few years before the M3. I could be wrong but I just can't believe the numbers are there. The market for full on DH bikes pales compared to xc and trail - you know, regular mountain bikes for the masses.

J

JRB

MisterClean said:
I would not let anyone give me a santa crud. Great marketing, crappy bikes.
Dude - you tiled your garage floor. I think maybe you have higher standards than most of us. :think:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
MisterClean said:
I would not let anyone give me a santa crud. Great marketing, crappy bikes.
Hell yes! those things suck! They are way overpriced for what you get. My 575 is lighter than any Blur I've ever seen and cheaper. I don't understand why everybody is so hard in the crotch area over the "new idea" of a 7" travel trail bike. Go buy a 100% American made Foes Inferno, support a good company while at the same time getting a better bike!
:mumble:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
maxyedor said:
Hell yes! those things suck! They are way overpriced for what you get. My 575 is lighter than any Blur I've ever seen and cheaper. I don't understand why everybody is so hard in the crotch area over the "new idea" of a 7" travel trail bike. Go buy a 100% American made Foes Inferno, support a good company while at the same time getting a better bike!
:mumble:
The thing that trips me out the most about santa crud is that they are getting away with charging boutique prices on frames that are cookie-cutter quality. Hence, my comment about great marketing.

PT Barnum's partner said it, "There's one born every minute."