Quantcast

Does anybody still buy norco?

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
just wondering. i went down to my lbs yesterday to check out the deals. i noticed norco is cheapest. maby because they are located in ontario they sell for the best here cause of shipping or somethin.

are they worth it. does norco do it still? cause i never hear about them around rm.

i seen pictures of how they break but i am pretty sure i cant destroy one. i mean at least id have a bike. it was just 2k for 5" of dual suspension. i need a cushy ride. plus hayes 8" discs that made so much sense.:cool:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Norco's are great bikes. Especially considering what you can get a complete for.

The old ones with the pinner little rear ends used to snap and they had high leverage ratios but those are things of the past. I had an 03 shore frame and I really liked it. The new ones are even less canadianized (lower BB, better leverages, longer front ends). I'd recommend them for sure.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My friends shop in Salem is one of the largest Norco dealer around. For freeride bikes, he sells more Norco's than Kona, Rocky, or Santa Cruz. I think it's because of the price point and the range of bikes they offer.

Good, solid bikes, just not my style.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
they also used to be very,very,very loud. you could hear a norco coming from miles away. once they redesigned the head tubes a few years back and the rear triangle they stopped breaking as much. i do like how they feel though. very durable feeling.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
biggins said:
they also used to be very,very,very loud. you could hear a norco coming from miles away. once they redesigned the head tubes a few years back and the rear triangle they stopped breaking as much. i do like how they feel though. very durable feeling.
yah durable...that is so true.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
jimmydean said:
My friends shop in Salem is one of the largest Norco dealer around. For freeride bikes, he sells more Norco's than Kona, Rocky, or Santa Cruz. I think it's because of the price point and the range of bikes they offer.

Good, solid bikes, just not my style.
cruz is so expensive, so is rocky for that matter. still i am beginning to think id rather break a norco