Quantcast

Does anyone else have a REALLY dry apartment/house?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
My apartment is unbeliveably dry! We have radiators, so once those come on, its goodbye moisture.

I bought a humidifier today, hoping it helps. Last night I couldn't sleep because it actually HURT me to breathe. At one point during the night I went to the bathroom to turn the sink on full hot water and just hold my head over the steam (that didn't work)

Anyone else have this type of problem? What did you do to fix it?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
My parents house is really dry. They have a pot belly stove that dries the whole place out. They ususally take a kettle or some sort of pot and put it on top of the stove to boil off.
For a house with radiant heat, a humidifier is probably the only bet. We are in the same boat, my wife has been dying lately because its so dry. We have the humidifer always cranked, but it can only do so much.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i wish my apartment was dry. it also smells like ****in' ****. people downstairs like garlic. lots and lots of garlic.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Humidifiers are great, though you definitely need one per room or a giant one for one entire floor. I like the cold moisture ones better than the hot ones too. I don't know which one you bought. Be sure to change the filters regularly too because they can get very nasty.