Quantcast

Does anyone else work rediculous hours? I'm talking 75+ hours/week

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BigMike said:
I'm not on salary, i'm "seasonal," which means I get paid hourly, but no OT. I make just enough to buy the KY so I can lube up when I bend over......

But hey, they say good resume experiance will pay off in the future, right?
haha time and a half represents the kiss before you get the bone. :monkey:
You wanna at least get a kiss before you bend over bro. :cool:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
narlus said:
and you still find time to ride? you must not be on the same 24-7 time structure as everyone else. :D
that's thanks to an understanding wife and a son that rides.

i get to take my son to ride w/ me most of the time so it doubles as family/ride time. my wife understands that riding is my outlet and with my type of job, i have to have something so that i don't bring the job home w/ me. she does an amazing job of taking care of 3 kids. i feel bad sometimes working so much and leaving her to tend to them alone a lot but she organizes "play groups" with other stay-at-home-moms and is able to maintain some form of adult interaction.

another thing that helps out is that my job lets me go to school during work hours if it's during my shift. so with rotating shifts, some portion of each semester is completed while i'm still on the clock....unlike this week where i worked mon-thurs 0600 - 4:30pm and then went to school from 6pm - 10pm. that makes for a long day.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
pressley said:
I work between 80+ to 100 hours a week in medicine. A usual day is from 6am to 6pm with 24 hour call every 4th night and post call off. I usually have one weekend off a month.

That blows

Speaking of blowing, I just got home from work at 3:40am

I get to leave again at 9:00am because I am going in late