Quantcast

does anyone have any time on a White Brothers Groove 180 Dh air fork?

looking for a DC fork to put on a Canfield Brothers Lucky, seeing as I will run a front der and plan on climbing the local fire roads and single track to get to my dh stash I want it to be light. That puts me into the WB/Boxxer relm, and seeing as I have had bad luck with Boxers in the past I would love to use the White Brothers groove 180 air. As far as riding style, I don't huck (fused discs) I dont race (to poor,fused discs) and I don't plow (finess is more fun/less expensive), so basicaly I'm looking for DC fork that is light but plush enough for a non racing non hucking freerider who needs to climb as well as desend. I will probably be running a FOX DHX air in the rear.

please don't derail this thread with travis/888/fox/Rock shox or the million single crowns that are available. I'm no newbie, I know of all the options but can't seem to find much about this fork. thanks.

Rafael-DH

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Brazil
As i know, the Groove RACE (180mm Air fork) still not ready to sell.
WB said thats not going to be on the market until july. But i really believe thats going to me available to the end of the year. 2007 Line Up.
its a complicated project and WB dont want to put trash on the market.
I never liked the Boxxers. But the 2006 line is awesome. i had an 05 WC and now i use an 06 Race, the race 06 is much better!
as you want a DC fork, the WC is the way to go! :)

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I never liked the Boxxers. But the 2006 line is awesome.
I agree. the new forks are sweet, I have a world cup and it's rad. a little heavier than the WB, but not by much... and they're available for purchase. The Canfield brothers are highly involved with designing and testing the groove race fork, and hopefully they'll be able to get it available soon. Because they've been working on it for a while now. But who knows, they might be on the market by the time the lucky is good to go.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
If I were you I'd think long and hard about the Boxxer WC. A lot of people have been running them with no trouble, they have a lock out for climbing, and that extra bit of travel would be pretty nice on a big bike like yours. Plus they're damn light, and although they're not quite as light as the Groove, they are available right now. My .02.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i had a all air 5'' 29er fork.
the air damping was great and it had an OK flutter.
by no means a mars or boxxer's quick movement.

i also never gor more that 4'' out of my 5'' fork.
that def needed some work.

i think it would be ONE of the best forks you could use
for what you are doing. but i would get a maverik.

alex