Quantcast

Does anyone have any used DH parts?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'm gettin' ready to build my first DH bike. A Sinister R9, I'm real tight on cash so I was wondering if anyone has any used but good condition DH parts, they would be willing to part with either for free or for cheap. I'm trying to get this bike built by the end of August, so that I can go to Nationals at Mammoth. Soon I won't have a bike at all, once my Giant NRS dies, especially considering it's deteriating condition it's in right now. So yeah, please let me know. Post here, or PM me. Thanx guys!

-Patrick-

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have a Kore B1B stem and an SDG saddle you can have. Stems almost new, saddle is well used but still works well. It still smells from my last fart, too.
I have a set of Redline cranks with an Azonic BB I can let you have cheap. Nice cranks. Just like Profiles, or Azonics.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Alex966 said:
I'm gettin' ready to build my first DH bike. A Sinister R9, I'm real tight on cash so I was wondering if anyone has any used but good condition DH parts, they would be willing to part with either for free or for cheap. I'm trying to get this bike built by the end of August, so that I can go to Nationals at Mammoth. Soon I won't have a bike at all, once my Giant NRS dies, especially considering it's deteriating condition it's in right now. So yeah, please let me know. Post here, or PM me. Thanx guys!

-Patrick-
I have a lot of things laying around my house. Do you need a fork? I have three forks sitting at my house. Send me a message, let me know what you specically need, and I'll see what I have for ya...

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Kornphlake said:
I've got a cane creek 1-1/8" S2 headset I'd sell ya for say $5.
Dude, I'd buy it but I don't think it'll fit the R9. Cause it has oversized 1.125" headtube fore deep press headsets I don't really know what that means but I'm thinkin that I won't be able to use just any 1 1/8 headset.

blt2ride said:
I have a lot of things laying around my house. Do you need a fork? I have three forks sitting at my house. Send me a message, let me know what you specically need, and I'll see what I have for ya...
I should be buying my friends Boxxer, unless he sells it before I get the chance to buy it, I won't need one. But as for other parts I need, well just about everything. i'm gonna get that SDG seat and Kore stem off of Ciaran, Bones cranks/spindle off of Lovebunny, which I need a BB for, S2 headset off of Kornphlake. Umm... so here's a grocery list...
-BB for Bones crank
-chainguide
-rear derailleur and shifter(preferrably a sram, but I'll take what I can get.)
-cassette
-bars
-hydro brakes front/rear, levers, and one 8" rotor
-rear hub for 12mm thru axle
-deep press headset

... that's all I can think of for now... i'll let ya know if I think of anything else.

R

Rabie

Alex966 said:
Dude, I'd buy it but I don't think it'll fit the R9. Cause it has oversized 1.125" headtube fore deep press headsets I don't really know what that means but I'm thinkin that I won't be able to use just any 1 1/8 headset.

I should be buying my friends Boxxer, unless he sells it before I get the chance to buy it, I won't need one. But as for other parts I need, well just about everything. i'm gonna get that SDG seat and Kore stem off of Ciaran, Bones cranks/spindle off of Lovebunny, which I need a BB for, S2 headset off of Kornphlake. Umm... so here's a grocery list...
-BB for Bones crank
-chainguide
-rear derailleur and shifter(preferrably a sram, but I'll take what I can get.)
-cassette
-bars
-hydro brakes front/rear, levers, and one 8" rotor
-rear hub for 12mm thru axle
-deep press headset

... that's all I can think of for now... i'll let ya know if I think of anything else.
You should be able to use any headset. "Oversized" probably just means "thick" and just because it *can* accept a deep cup headset doesn't mean you *must* use a deep cup headset. Also, if you need a seatpost, I have a chopped Thomson that should work with your interrupted seattube (I think it's like 8"-10" --too short for any of my bikes). It's a 27.2, so if the Sinister is bigger, you can just get a shim for a few bucks. Just let me know. I should also have a rear shifter/derailleur (LX/105) available soon. And an LX 11-32 cassette. Good timing, actually, cause I'm trying to clear out my parts box.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Rabie said:
You should be able to use any headset. "Oversized" probably just means "thick" and just because it *can* accept a deep cup headset doesn't mean you *must* use a deep cup headset. Also, if you need a seatpost, I have a chopped Thomson that should work with your interrupted seattube (I think it's like 8"-10" --too short for any of my bikes). It's a 27.2, so if the Sinister is bigger, you can just get a shim for a few bucks. Just let me know. I should also have a rear shifter/derailleur (LX/105) available soon. And an LX 11-32 cassette. Good timing, actually, cause I'm trying to clear out my parts box.
I'll take that Thomson post off of ya, but how used is the LX cassette, is it in pretty good condition? As for the shifter/derailleur, if have those already, but I was wanted to stay away from using that for my race bike. I would like to run a faster and more reliable shifter/derail. setup if I can get a good deal on one. Otherwise, I'll just use my lx setup. shoot, I've got two LX rear derailleurs. haha But thanx for that offer anyways.

R

Rabie

Alex966 said:
I'll take that Thomson post off of ya, but how used is the LX cassette, is it in pretty good condition? As for the shifter/derailleur, if have those already, but I was wanted to stay away from using that for my race bike. I would like to run a faster and more reliable shifter/derail. setup if I can get a good deal on one. Otherwise, I'll just use my lx setup. shoot, I've got two LX rear derailleurs. haha But thanx for that offer anyways.
The cassette is in good shape. I've had it sitting in a box for years. Just used it for a couple rides recently with a new chain and had no problems.

Just PM me with details on how you want to get the stuff.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Alex966 said:

So did you want the headset or not, first you said you don't but then you said you do. Like Rabie said, it should fit any 1.125 headtube, it isn't a deep press headset so it won't press in as far as something like a steelset would. Unless you've ovalized a lot of head tubes I wouldn't worry about it. The headset bearings will probabally blow up before you ovalize the headtube anyway. Not saying it's a bad headset, I did about a year of wussy style urban on it and didn't have any problems, but again if you're looking for something more than a cheap quick fix you might consider a different headset. PM me if you really want it.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I just remembered I've got an XT disc QR front hub too. Only used about 6 months for mostly XC. I'm guessing you'll go with a 20mm fork though...

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Kornphlake said:
So did you want the headset or not, first you said you don't but then you said you do. Like Rabie said, it should fit any 1.125 headtube, it isn't a deep press headset so it won't press in as far as something like a steelset would. Unless you've ovalized a lot of head tubes I wouldn't worry about it. The headset bearings will probabally blow up before you ovalize the headtube anyway. Not saying it's a bad headset, I did about a year of wussy style urban on it and didn't have any problems, but again if you're looking for something more than a cheap quick fix you might consider a different headset. PM me if you really want it.
Yeah, I'll get that headset off of ya! Kewl, thanx dude! I won't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks, cause I'm out at sea right now, but I'll let ya know when I get back. But yeah i'll be using a 20mm hub, which I already I have a front wheel built up with.

Mike- I'll grab that rotor off of ya, umm like I just said, i'm out at sea for the next couple weeks, so I'll notify ya when I get back.

Rabie- I'll take that cassette off of ya. I'll PM ya once I get back to SD.

Thanx guys, very much for your help! It's appreciated!

~Patrick~

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Heath Sherratt said:
I have brand new un used deemax 135mm rear 2005 front for 400.
hmmm.... damn a whole new Deemax wheelset for 400? sounds like a pretty damn good deal! I gotta think about it, see if I can afford it. lol

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys, all of you who said you'd help me out, I'll be in San Diego tonight! Finally! But yeah, I'll send you all seperate PM's to exhange information and all that good stuff. Talk to ya guys later!