Quantcast

Does anyone have superT dropout bolts?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
One of mine just snapped when I over torqued it... Does anyone have an extra one I can buy or borrow (or even the qr style setup)? I'm heading down to Fontana early tomorrow morning, so it would be cool if I could find one on the way.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Are you using a standard 20mm thru axel? Because, what you can do is use just a regular bolt with silicone washers. My fork didnt have the lock nut (manitous) and so I put a bolt in and the washers. workes great, still have it on there.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, regular 20mm axle. I'm going to go to a hardware store and get a bolt and nut. I think I'm going to thread it through the bottom block and top piece, then put a nut. Or, maybe I'll just drill the threads out and bolt it through those.

I'd like to get regular dropouts. Maybe the '07 super T lowers will fit this.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
ya, id definitely try. I mean, whats the worst that could happen? You have to buy a new 1500 dollar fork? hahahaha:imstupid:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
A new $100 used fork. haha I'd like to see if I can just get some new lowers. This design sucks.

I left the top and bottom pieces at home...so I really had to ghetto it out. It held up surprisingly.

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
as long as it gets you through it, it worked. Haha whether or not it looked great, it worked. And yes, the design sucks

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
you got any pics of how you rigged that one up. Heres my latest "get me by til warrantied"... lets here it for duct tape keeping a tire from putting an even bigger groove in the swingarm.:clapping:

PICT3181.jpg

ohs ya. Out of focus, but you get the idea