Quantcast

Does anyone here have to stand in line for hours to vote?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Absentee mail in ballot. Best way to go, no machine and I wrote myself in for Texas Railroad Commission.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
bout an hr but i went early/mid morning. only 2 machines though so i'm sure it was worse later. absentee/early only available for military personnel, or you have to prove job will prevent you from reach polls (hours worked or business travel)

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
On electon day there was a member of the Swedish parliament that explained the problems she had experianced as an election observer in a poor Ft.Lauderdale area. She and three other members of parliament had been invited by the US gvmnt to observe the elections and she had alot of critisism to say about what she saw.

The biggest complaint she had was that they hadn't been alowed to observe the voting rooms even though they had been invited for that. The reason how this was possible, was that in the fall of 2007 a new law had been passed in Florida making it the right of the head of every voting room to decide if or not to alow any other people but voters in to it.

The second biggest was that people had been waiting for two hours in line and prediced to wait another two before they would be done, and this was at 11am!

Personally, I'd like to know if their choise of place to observe had anything to do with those all but democratic 2000 elections.