Quantcast

Does anyone here use a Treo Smartphone?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I am kind of sick of carrying around my cell phone and my palm, and the Treo 650 looks pretty nice. I know they are gonna come out with the 700 soon, but, I'm not big on Pocket PC, I like the Palm OS.

Does anyone have any insight on them?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
My dad, pastor, and friend all have one (650). They're worth the money, Palm hit the nail on the head. However, I'm not sure about the differences between the Palm OS and PocketPC, but I think it's a dumb move on Palm's part now that they have/had their act together.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Get the 650, then install Linux on it. From what I've seen, they rock. I avoid phones all together, but if I had to have one, it would be a Linux Treo for sure.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
I just got one 2 months ago and for the most part like it. It is my third Palm, but now i am thinking I would prefer the Pocket PC. Im having a hell of a time getting it to sync the way I want with Outlook and I couldn't get it to work with my email either. Im sure I could fix it but when I drop $400 for it I expect it to work out of the box. Maybe im just lazy i dont know. Definitely better than carrying both a PDA and a phone, when it came down to it I would never grab the PDA it was a waste but now i really need my calender and contacts with me at all times so having it together is very convienient.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Can you install Linux on the US Treo? I thought that was a China thing.....

Thanks for the advice guys, I think i'll probably go for it.

Beestiboy, I have always had a hard time syncing with Outlook, but I HATE outlook, so it doesnt matter. I love the Palm Desktop. :thumb:

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
I never used outlook until i started with my new company and everyone is on it. For what I do, Outlook is a very good program but I have to admit I am not thrilled with the syncing issue.