Quantcast

Does anyone know of a GOOD body shop for vehicle repair?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Well, this sucks that I have to ask this, but I am going to need a really really REALLY good body shop to do some work on my Tacoma. Considering, of course, that my insurance company doesn't total the vehicle. It was parked outside a friend/clients house last night, and he and I were out getting a bite to eat. When we got back, we found my Taco with the entire back end destroyed; receiver hitch so mangled that the hitch ball is digging into the pavement, tailgate smashed in, camper shell moved a foot out of place, just obliterated. I'm worrried that the frame is been bent up, since it is a Class III receiver hitch that bolts directly onto the frame, I'm afraid that it's gonna be done for and I'll be out a vehicle. BUT, if the insurance company doesn't total the car, it's gonna need some serious work and someone really good to do it. Anyone have any ideas? People they've worked with in the past or know of anyone that does kick-@ss collision repair work? This one's a doozy. I'll try and post a pic, at least camera-phone style, later on today. On a 10-scale for damage, I'd say this one is about seven-point-gnarly.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
tomacdaddy said:
Where are you in CO??
Denver proper. The truck is at Zuni and Exposition now, which is a few blocks south of Alameda near Santa Fe.

Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Go to a Toyota dealership. Make sure they have an ON-SITE body shop.
You think so? I have always been under the impression that you always get ripped off from the dealer, but I guess you might be on to something since it's frame stuff we're talking about.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The claims adjuster for my insurance company came out and took a look today, and she seems to think the frame is bent but not unfixable, so she wants to get it into a shop to have them look at it on a frame rack. Someone from MTBR suggested Experts Collision, said that they just put a Land Cruiser back together for them and did a great job... it turns out that Expert Collision is a preferred shop of Progressive, plus they're right down the road from me so I could even ride my bike over there if I had to, so I am having it towed there.

Stoked to hear that someone else had a truck put back together there, and hopefully I get my truck back and everything is good to go. We'll see when they get it up on the rack tomorrow.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Hey E! Sucks about the truck. When I plowed a deer back in October, I took my truck to Pearl Auto Body, and they did an awesome job. I was looking at the possibility of having to total as well. Good luck!

:thumb:

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I had taco work done by a company in Marshdale (between Evergreen and Conifer), they did pretty good work. Its way out there, but if you're interested, I can look up the name of them.

I'm sure the place your insurance co. suggestion should be good. My only suggestion is to remain and stay anal about the work. look at every detail.

I had a Saab done a year or so ago. They got the wheel color off, the paint was inconsistant, so it stayed in the shop forever, but eventually they got it right.