Quantcast

Does anyone know where any hollister trails are?

Raacerx

Monkey
DownhillnDunkey said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows about any hollister trails, I come out here to visit a lot and i bring my bike. If you live down here maybe we can meet up?

PM me or e-mail me downhilldunkey@yahoo.com if you wanna meet up
no idea about trails around Hollister, however Santa Cruz isn't too far. The one trail I always used to ride is in the Hollister SVRA. If you go in the main gate and go all the way to the very back there is a gate where no dirtbikes are allowed. You continue up that fire road, turns into a trail, and its a LONG hike to the top (like LONG). But the ride is about 4 minutes of hardcore pedaling. It had tons of fun ruts and corners, a couple jumps, generally a great trail. They used to hold a 4 race series there. Dont know if the trail is still there or what the condition is but if you show up with just a mountain bike they usually dont make you pay.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i know for a fact that the trail is still there, but i do not know the condition of it.i go you to hollister hills sometimes, with my friends famliy. the next time i do i will try to bring my bike and give an update on the trail.

i never had a desire to ride the trails before because i thought it was all XC

Raacerx

Monkey
IronJim said:
i know for a fact that the trail is still there, but i do not know the condition of it.i go you to hollister hills sometimes, with my friends famliy. the next time i do i will try to bring my bike and give an update on the trail.

i never had a desire to ride the trails before because i thought it was all XC
definitely not XC. It was a fairly kickass race. With a little work it could have been super kickass. Definitely like average 30mph but a mid travel bike would be the best. There used to be another trail off the trail that you walk up in the race. At some point some guys built some stuff on the side of the trail too...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
hmmmm could we shuttle out at Hollister with a quad? I remember there being a bunch of cool stuff, and with the quad, you could get towed/hook a ride/sit on the back to the top of the hills. I'm sure the MXers will be laughing, but it might be a lot of fun.