Quantcast

Does anyone make a tapered headlock?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Azonic doesn't. 1.5 bottom/1 1/8 topcap?
The best system I've used came with an avalanche fork I got in '01-'02...super simple : big long threaded aluminum sleeve-female on both ends, in between two extra long 6mm(I think) bolts....I would assume with this you can just use any top cap you want on top and bottom....probably something you can cob together yourself if you're resourceful.

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
The best system I've used came with an avalanche fork I got in '01-'02...super simple : big long threaded aluminum sleeve-female on both ends, in between two extra long 6mm(I think) bolts....I would assume with this you can just use any top cap you want on top and bottom....probably something you can cob together yourself if you're resourceful.

how about a big washer over the azonic base plate? not too much stack height there...

try here:

http://chrisking.com/headsets/hds_onepointfive

scroll down. i think your looking for the 'preloader'

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hmmm.....that looks just like the woodman I bought a few years ago that broke in about two weeks.

Worth a shot I guess.....

Has anyone seen one of those CKs in person? I'm looking to run a front brake line through the steerer (the main reason I want a headlock), and if that thing is hollow, that would be sweet.

I've got a few 1 1/8" azonic ones laying around....I also may try to cobble something together.

Last edited:

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
You wouldn't be able to stick a brake line down the center of the CK. However, if you drill a hole in the side of the top cap and then also at the bottom, it may work. I don't have it with me and can't verify that there's enough room though.

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
Is the CK one kind of light and pinner? It looks like it's probably some thin walled aluminum. I guess my real question is how much do you think would be compromised structurally by putting those holes in the caps?

Top cap would be w/e but the bottom one is iffy after taking a better look at it..

CK has light and pinner written all over it