Quantcast

Does anyone still make 1in threadless stems?

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
I am building up an old IF Planet X that I just got from one of my buddies. I have a Profile Design (it will work, so its not a huge deal) on there right now, but I want something a little lighter. The only thing I could find from Quality was a Dimension and I don't want to go that route. I am trying to avoid using a shim as well. Maybe I am just having a brain fart today, but I am at a loss.

Any Ideas?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think you are SOL, unless there is some custom stem builder out there.

Your best bet would be to Ebay it....

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I am building up an old IF Planet X that I just got from one of my buddies. I have a Profile Design (it will work, so its not a huge deal) on there right now, but I want something a little lighter. The only thing I could find from Quality was a Dimension and I don't want to go that route. I am trying to avoid using a shim as well. Maybe I am just having a brain fart today, but I am at a loss.

Any Ideas?
I know it's not the most elegant solution, but is there a reason you don't want to use a shim? I've been using one on my Empella for about 4 years with no problems.

Oct 9, 2006
We have a salsa sitting in a bin at our shop...I know someones LBS should have something laying around. Do you know how many shops have boneyards in the backroom just full of classic goodies. I found a 1" threaded Rockshock Mag21 in the box at my shop that is now on my old steel tube stumpjumper commuter.

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
We have a salsa sitting in a bin at our shop...I know someones LBS should have something laying around. Do you know how many shops have boneyards in the backroom just full of classic goodies. I found a 1" threaded Rockshock Mag21 in the box at my shop that is now on my old steel tube stumpjumper commuter.
I already dug threw ours, nothing but a few old cr@ppy ones.

On the same note, I did find a ridged steel fork thats NOS that matched my 95 Stumpy

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the shim works fine. i have been shimming seatpost for years and i have never have a porblem with then slipping and a seatpost normally doesn't get clammed all that teight in comparison to stems.

just shim it and forget about it