Quantcast

Does Anyone You Know Have a Zune?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i haven't seen one in the flesh, which is pretty amazing considering the proportion of my friends who are microsofties

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
One of my friends has one, it's really cool looking...if that means anything to you. She really likes it, and I think I like the way they set it up, even though I've never had the opportunity to play with it(just watch her navigate through). Although when it comes time for me to get a new music carrier I'll more than likely be going with the ipod, just because I'm converting to mac soon.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I checked one out in Bestbuy. Cool interface and nice screen. I like em. If I had some cash that didn't immediately get vacuumed up by drum equipment I might buy one.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I got one for my son for his b-day, and I played with it for about 30 min. I found the interface pretty non-intuitive, and navigation was pretty clunky. I also found out that if you have anything on it, and you sync it to another computer, it wipes everything off the Zune. Doesn't even give you the option of keeping what is on the Zune.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I also found out that if you have anything on it, and you sync it to another computer, it wipes everything off the Zune. Doesn't even give you the option of keeping what is on the Zune.
That's ghey.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
No itunes...and that's a dealbreaker for me. I don't use it to rip cds, but I do use it to organize.

Now, when is the base model 40 or 60 gig iPod coming...goddamn iPhone!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I saw one last night, I couldn't see spending money on one for myself, I'm not going to watch a 2 hr movie on a screen the size of my wallet and I'm not really mobile enough to really need anything more than the hard drive on my computer at work and a half dozen cd's full of MP3s that I'll play in the car.

I like the idea that there's finally something out there that looks like it has the same quality as the Ipod.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I got one for my son for his b-day, and I played with it for about 30 min. I found the interface pretty non-intuitive, and navigation was pretty clunky. I also found out that if you have anything on it, and you sync it to another computer, it wipes everything off the Zune. Doesn't even give you the option of keeping what is on the Zune.
iPods do that too :stupid:

I think the zune has the same type of option that the iPod has, where you can manually manage it.

I have a friend that got his son one, and they both love it. On board HD radio, big screen, etc. etc. I think it's pretty cool. If M$ didn't only know how to use brute force to get into the market, I think they would give the iPod a run.