Quantcast

Does this fork exist?

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
- 14mm axles (or 3/8" which can be filed)
- 400mm-420mm ride height
- V-Brake mounts

I don't think this fork is out there, but if it is I really want one. I want to run a front brake on my DK cruiser and reduce the head angle a little bit.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
I just realised, you could get the kona fork and file the drops, that might do the trick. Not the burliest fork out there but you'll probably live.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
no fork worth buying fills these criteria, plus im not aware of any froks with 14 mm d/os.
btw... are you looking for a suspention fork or rigid?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I just checked, and it looks like a standard non-suspension corrected 26" mtb fork is 16" (406mm) a-c. of course the v-brake mounts would only work on a 26" wheel. Maybe you could find one with a disc mount.

Another option might be a cyclocross fork. They are meant for 700c wheels, but many come with disc mounts and a short a-c.

Here's a couple of my bikes.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
CreeP said:
?????? difference being?
He wants to use a 14mm axle. If he can only find a fork with a 3/8" drop-outs, a flat-sided 14mm axle (or slotted) will fit without modifying the fork.

Actually, it still may not quite fit, since the axle will still be 14mm on it's long side and some drop-outs have recesses or ridges for a 3/8" axle.

Roasty

Chimp
Feb 9, 2005
Sweden
Try On-One, an english company. They sell a fork called an inbred fork 300mm long with disks and V mounts, plus I think they can accept a 14mm hub. Worth a try. I suggest not using a 700c fork as you will have a clearance problem with tyres!
http://www.on-one.co.uk/products

Otherwise the DMR Sidekick fork, but they only have quick release dropouts, maybe able to file them down?

Attachments