Quantcast

Doesn't this kinda violate the separation between Church and State?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
Let me be more specific.

What is it that I'm supposedly scared of. How do Xtians and their beliefs scare me?
I donno... but I guess it's..

Because they actually believe in something.... and are able to dedicate their lives to it.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
I donno... but I guess it's..

Because they actually believe in something.... and are able to dedicate their lives to it.
Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh man, that is precious.

OTOH, people should be scared when that sort of thing gets out of hand, unless you like people flying airplanes into our buildings.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh man, that is precious.

OTOH, people should be scared when that sort of thing gets out of hand, unless you like people flying airplanes into our buildings.

an amusing red herring... but it wasn't a christian who did that now was it?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
an amusing red herring... but it wasn't a christian who did that now was it?
Wow, N8. You're trying to use logical terms now?

When belief in something is carried too far, it can and has led to people flying planes into our buildings. I was speaking in generalities, so it need not be a Xtian. Over-zealous Xtians have done some pretty nasty things throughout history as well. I should have made that more clear for you since I know you have trouble with comprehension too.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
OMGF has in fact gotten his panties in a bunch about a Bible Study in a government conference room. Dragging up the first amendment and tripping all over Article 6 (which unless Capt. Jack was getting forced into the Bible study as a part of her Government Employement isn't even relavant) and drug Thomas Jefferson and what he believed up is pretty good proof of that.

A bible study in a conference room isn't causing a constitutional crisis. And I'm pretty sure that good 'ole Thomas could have cared less if folks got together and talked about the Bible on their own time even if it was on government property.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
DRB said:
OMGF has in fact gotten his panties in a bunch about a Bible Study in a government conference room. Dragging up the first amendment and tripping all over Article 6 (which unless Capt. Jack was getting forced into the Bible study as a part of her Government Employement isn't even relavant) and drug Thomas Jefferson and what he believed up is pretty good proof of that.

A bible study in a conference room isn't causing a constitutional crisis. And I'm pretty sure that good 'ole Thomas could have cared less if folks got together and talked about the Bible on their own time even if it was on government property.
You have even admitted yourself that we don't have enough info to really decide or not on the issue. Are you backing off of that?

Also, I have said multiple times that we don't know for sure since we don't have all the info. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth?

Also, I dragged TJ into it to answer a separate question that was unrelated to this specific instance.

So, will you go down the same road as N8 and Burly and continue?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
Wow, N8. You're trying to use logical terms now?

When belief in something is carried too far, it can and has led to people flying planes into our buildings. I was speaking in generalities, so it need not be a Xtian. Over-zealous Xtians have done some pretty nasty things throughout history as well. I should have made that more clear for you since I know you have trouble with comprehension too.
Lots of stuff happend way back when... unfortunately I live now and christains are not the ones killing masses of their own populations.

I personally don't believe in christianity, but I am an afraid of the beliefs of those that do.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Old Man G Funk said:
You have even admitted yourself that we don't have enough info to really decide or not on the issue. Are you backing off of that?

Also, I have said multiple times that we don't know for sure since we don't have all the info. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth?

Also, I dragged TJ into it to answer a separate question that was unrelated to this specific instance.

So, will you go down the same road as N8 and Burly and continue?
You are as bad as they are, you just take more words to do it.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Secret Squirrel said:
Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.....

This seems very apt right now....
Perhaps there are some things back in history that were good and need to happen again...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
DRB said:
We don't know that. Like I mentioned upthread, without knowing if those conference rooms are available at lunch for anyone to book for a meeting not related to work, it's hard to say. If they are wide open, no problem. If only the God Squad gets to book them, then there is an issue.

Basically, we need more info before jumping to conclusions.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Silver said:
We don't know that. Like I mentioned upthread, without knowing if those conference rooms are available at lunch for anyone to book for a meeting not related to work, it's hard to say. If they are wide open, no problem. If only the God Squad gets to book them, then there is an issue.

So then someone delete this thread or get more info.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
Lots of stuff happend way back when... unfortunately I live now and christains are not the ones killing masses of their own populations.

I personally don't believe in christianity, but I am an afraid of the beliefs of those that do.
Why is that? What are you afraid of?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
DRB said:
You are as bad as they are, you just take more words to do it.
How am I as bad? Did I make personal attacks? Have I leveled accusations that I can't back up? You have. Have you backed them up? No. So, don't try to say that I'm as bad as N8, Burly, or even you.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
DRB said:
Yeah it is pretty much a waste of time discussing this topic here.
Why is it a waste? I have to admit that it does seem wasteful for me to try and discuss this with a couple of people who would rather throw insults at me than actually hold an honest discussion, but I do it anyway. If anyone should be lamenting wasted time, it should be me.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Silver said:

Exactly, and the only ones that have jumped to conclusions so far have been N8, Burly, and the like. I thank you Silver for saying exactly what I've been trying to tell them for how many posts?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ive actually been quite entertained at wasting your time, and wondering why you bother to respond. I mean, you hate christians, yeah, but do you hate them so bad as to let it ruin your whole day? Looks like it.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Silver said:
Oh no, keep giving OMGF hell for falling off the port side of the boat while you're falling off the starboard side. I'm enjoying it...
Except I haven't fallen off any side. I've completely agreed with what you said above and said so many times in this thread. I've also defended every single accusation thrown at me, while those who accuse have not been able to back up a single thing. From where I'm sitting, I'm completely on the boat.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Ive actually been quite entertained at wasting your time, and wondering why you bother to respond. I mean, you hate christians, yeah, but do you hate them so bad as to let it ruin your whole day? Looks like it.
Making you look stupid is fun for me. So, no ruin of my day.

Are you going to back up your assertions coward?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
Making you look stupid is fun for me. So, no ruin of my day.

Are you going to back up your assertions coward?
LMAO:rofl: You back up my assertions with every reply you make, fvcktard.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Old Man G Funk said:
Except I haven't fallen off any side. I've completely agreed with what you said above and said so many times in this thread. I've also defended every single accusation thrown at me, while those who accuse have not been able to back up a single thing. From where I'm sitting, I'm completely on the boat.
Of course you are. You are always right. I bet you know the truth with a capital T don't you.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
LMAO:rofl: You back up my assertions with every reply you make, fvcktard.
Your assertion that I hate Xtians? Hardly. Considering that we haven't even been talking about Xtians.

Oh, do you think I hate you? Are you a Xtian? I don't even know you, so I would hardly say that I hate you for one. For two, you're not worth it. You're just a coward who can only lob insults when you can't come up with a cogent response. C'mon coward. Prove me wrong. You act like it's so easy. What are you afraid of? Put me in my place.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
DRB said:
Of course you are. You are always right. I bet you know the truth with a capital T don't you.
All you are trying to do is insult me, but all you have to do is back up your assertions and I'll be a man and own up to whatever mistake I've made. If only you, N8, and Burly could be so honest.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
Your assertion that I hate Xtians? Hardly. Considering that we haven't even been talking about Xtians.

Oh, do you think I hate you? Are you a Xtian? I don't even know you, so I would hardly say that I hate you for one. For two, you're not worth it. You're just a coward who can only lob insults when you can't come up with a cogent response. C'mon coward. Prove me wrong. You act like it's so easy. What are you afraid of? Put me in my place.
I think you're doing a fine job by yourself, bud. Are you frothing at this very moment?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Do you openly hate them in public, or just over the intarnet?
Considering that you can't even find one shred of evidence that I hate Xtians over the internet, then I would say that your question is a false dichotomy.

C'mon coward. Stop resorting to logical fallacy. Back up your arguments. I'm right here. Make me shut my big mouth. It should be so easy to do if what you say is correct. So, how about it?