Quantcast

Dog on a Bicycle!

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
here's a design problem for you:

I've got a 38 pound Border collie australian shephard that comes to work with me when I drive to work. When I bike to work it has to stay home because the road bike is too fast (she can keep up with a mountain bike just fine), and I'm worried about the traffic. I'd like to rig up some sort of detachable wagon that hooks onto my bike and allows me to tow her to work.

It'd have to be set up so that she couldn't jump out, and preferrably so that it was light, aerodynamic, easy to maneuver and with low rolling resistance.

Any thoughts/comments are welcome!

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
ther is a thing called a biker dog that ataches to your chainstay and seatstay and ataches to a herness on your dog that allows the dog to run without getting far away or knocking you off the bike.

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
Yeah, I think the Burley Solo might be the ticket. It's only 3 pounds heavier than the BOB trailer, and the two wheeled design should make it more stable if the pooch is shifting around. Plus, I bet I can drop a pound or two off the weight if I remove some of extra bells and whistles that a dog wouldn't need.

Anybody got one they want to sell?

going to check craigslist...