Quantcast

Dog owners

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stevew said:
You could say the same thing about children to.
i know yr semi-joking but you are absolutely correct. my riding time got cut to a tiny fraction of what it was before we had kids.

that said, it all goes back to MBC's comment about being surrounded by people (or pets) who love you and vice versa. i'm definitely envious of my child-less friends on occasions, but i'm definitely happier w/ kids, regardless of how it's affected my free time.

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
i know yr semi-joking but you are absolutely correct. my riding time got cut to a tiny fraction of what it was before we had kids.

that said, it all goes back to MBC's comment about being surrounded by people (or pets) who love you and vice versa. i'm definitely envious of my child-less friends on occasions, but i'm definitely happier w/ kids, regardless of how it's affected my free time.
My riding time did get cut quite a bit when we had kids. and I would not trade them for the world. But also I have never run into a hotel, Restuaraunt , store , etc ,etc that said No kids allowed . and Now I have a new riding buddy , that Just got himself a Rocky Mt Vertex !

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:

Yeah. I have had a new bike sleeping for the last 2 1/2 years while I was hanging out with a friends new born. Kids are fun stuff.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
splat said:
But also I have never run into a hotel, Restuaraunt , store , etc ,etc that said No kids allowed
sounds like you've never been to Dublin. it was routine to see signs on restaurants and bars that said:

"no buggies (strollers), no unattended children, and all children must be off the premises by 7PM".

it was fairly common. dublin was definitely a DINK town.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
narlus said:
sounds like you've never been to Dublin. it was routine to see signs on restaurants and bars that said:

"no buggies (strollers), no unattended children, and all children must be off the premises by 7PM".

it was fairly common. dublin was definitely a DINK town.
Where is this Dublin place again? Sounds like paradise, unless you can smoke in the pubs... :D