Quantcast

Dogfish Brewery?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Anyone try their beer? I think they're out of Delware/Maryland?

I tried their Raison D'Etre... surprisingly good. I mention it only cuz I've not spent much time in NE USA and a friend there told me there are no good breweries. Glad to know he's wrong.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've never been to that forum. Not really sure why it exists. Beer... Lounge... sounds like one of them "two things that go well together"?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
No good beer in the Northeast? Come on now you should know better then that! What the heck else do you expect us to do all winter except drink beer.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Dogfish Head is one of my favorites on the east coast. They have a great range of brews and also distill their own vodkas and rums. DßR gave me a bottle of their brown honey rum for my birthday and it's awesome. If you're ever in Rehoboth Beach, DE or Gaithersburg, MD I'd definitely hit up their ale houses - great food. :thumb: My favorite dish there is their grilled rockfish served with caramelized bacon and sun dried tomatoes. Just don't drink a whole bottle of wine before going and drinking more there or else you might end up puking in the parking lot. Not that I'd know from experience or anything, I'm just saying :blah: .

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
LordOpie said:
I've never been to that forum. Not really sure why it exists. Beer... Lounge... sounds like one of them "two things that go well together"?
well check it out, you n00b. lots of good info in there.

btw, about yr friend....is he from colorado too? if so, his claim about no good beers being available in the northeast is totally laughable, esp considering the state of colorado beer product.

the northeast and PacNW is at the vanguard of great beer. period.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
narlus said:
btw, about yr friend....is he from colorado too? if so, his claim about no good beers being available in the northeast is totally laughable, esp considering the state of colorado beer product.
But the mountains in the backdrop of the Coors commercial look so pretty.:oink:

The best beer that I have ever tasted I got in Vermont, at some local brew pub. This place was had one beer in stock, and they did not have half of the stuff on the menu. We were rolling our eyes thinking that this meal was about to suck.
Then they hooked me up with an absolutely kick azz burger, and some awesome dark beer that had me giggling after two.
Vermont is a wierd state. If the cow truck does not come by then the restaurant does not open. Oh well, at least its fresh.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
please, i'm ALL ears about the 'good stuff'.
Great Divide (IPA, Double IPA)
Bull-n-Bush (ESB, IPA)
Golden City Brewery (IPA, hear good things about their stout too)
Flying Dog (Pale - can you get Flying Dog?)
Bristol Brewing (Scottish)
Il Vicino (IPA)
Odell's (90 Shilling)
Oskar Blues (Pale, Imperial IPA)

I'll not disparage the PNW or the NE with regards to beer, though - they've definitely got some excellent stuff coming out of there. I find, however, that I almost always end up with a Colorado brew in my fridge.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Great Divide (IPA, Double IPA)
Bull-n-Bush (ESB, IPA)
Golden City Brewery (IPA, hear good things about their stout too)
Flying Dog (Pale - can you get Flying Dog?)
Bristol Brewing (Scottish)
Il Vicino (IPA)
Odell's (90 Shilling)
Oskar Blues (Pale, Imperial IPA)
i must admit that i've only had one of those (flying dog, of which the Steadman graphics is the best thing going for it). my experience in denver and durango never led me to those, but it's been awhile since i've been in CO.

SkaredShtles said:
I'll not disparage the PNW or the NE with regards to beer, though - they've definitely got some excellent stuff coming out of there. I find, however, that I almost always end up with a Colorado brew in my fridge.
think global, drink local.

:thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yep Dogfish head is good stuff,

try their Chicoree sp? Stout its gooood!!!
and they had an Ale with St. Johns Wort!!! that will get you all UP N Down at the same time. it was good, but I am not sure they still brew it!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
i must admit that i've only had one of those (flying dog, of which the Steadman graphics is the best thing going for it). my experience in denver and durango never led me to those, but it's been awhile since i've been in CO.
Funny thing about these micros, too - they're variable batch to batch. Sort of makes for a new experience almost every time you have a beer. :thumb:

One warning: do *NOT* drink the stuff put out by Ska Brewing in Durango. Almost every single style I've had by that brewery has been swill. :think:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
LordOpie said:
Anyone try their beer? I think they're out of Delware/Maryland?

I tried their Raison D'Etre... surprisingly good. I mention it only cuz I've not spent much time in NE USA and a friend there told me there are no good breweries. Glad to know he's wrong.
:rolleyes: :p :mumble:

Your freind must be stuck in a place that doesn't import anything good, drink mainstream crap that's on sale by the 30 pack, or not get out much. There's plenty of good micro-brew in the northeast.

Just off the top off my head besides Dogfish - Longtrail, Otter Creek, Harpoon, Gritty McDuff's, Middle Ages, Empire Brewing, and several from Maine.