Quantcast

Doggie update

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Kozmo update

The Vet called and the surgery on his paw was successful . Last update was that he was laying on his back in the kennel snoring. He will be coming home tomorrow afternoon and the paw will be weight bearing but we need to keep him in a low activity restricted environment for a while while he heals [ Torn Suspensory ligament in the left front paw]

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Seriously, how the hell did he do that? My dogs are retards, I gotta keep them from this sort of dumb.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
How old is he? Our shepard mix had heartworms when he was 2 or 3 and we had to keep him low activity for a month after his surgery. It was almost impossible. But now he's 16 and still going strong. I hope your boy gets well soon!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
2 weeks ago someone opened the side gate to our house possibly to try and break in and two of our dogs got out and probably chased them. Our neighbors found one in the street, and the two big dogs still in the yard, but Kozmo went missing, that was at around noon. I searched until 11pm then headed back out at first light. I found him 3 miles away at 6:30 am looking like he had been in a bar fight. He had a puncture wound on his injured paw, his fur was matted and he was severely dehydrated. Could have been hit by a car or had a fight with another critter.

anyways the vet bill is into the multiple thousands but the little guy is worth it, he makes my wife smile.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
How old is he? Our shepard mix had heartworms when he was 2 or 3 and we had to keep him low activity for a month after his surgery. It was almost impossible. But now he's 16 and still going strong. I hope your boy gets well soon!
there is no surgery for heartworms.