Quantcast

Dogs killed by Swans

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Answer to attack dog problem - get a swan to kill them :D

A swan and some ducks at a pond. Dog owners in a town in central England were urged to beware of killer swans after two of their canine friends were drowned by enraged birds(AFP/DDP/File)
U.K. - AFP

'Killer' swans drown two dogs in Mansfield

Wed May 26, 5:03 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Dog owners in a town in central England were urged to beware of killer swans after two of their canine friends were drowned by enraged birds.

AFP/DDP/File Photo

Mansfield district council reported Tuesday that a male swan had fatally attacked a dog that had dived into a pond at a local park, with an animal rights activist describing the behavior as "highly unusual."

The council said the swan -- a bird known by animal experts to be fiercely protective of their territory and family -- had merely sought to protect its offspring.

It was the second such deadly incident in as many weeks.

Earlier this week, a third dog was also badly injured by a swan at another Mansfield park.

"These are quite frightening incidents and we are keen to warn dog owners that it is important in any public space to keep your dog under control," said a council spokesman.

"We do sympathize with the dog owners in the first two cases but we also need to protect the wildlife in our parks," he added.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Swans can be mean fahkers, so can geese. And geese think they are pretty badass, I got attacked by a goose once, it bit the $hit out of me so I grabbed it by the frikkin neck and threw it as far into the pond as I could throw a flapping ass bird (which isnt very far mind you). I was 12 and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

BTW the bird wasnt hurt, but it left a big ass blood blister on my thigh.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by luken8r
what a couple poosie dogs that cant stand up to some lousy birds.
I've heard of roosters attacking small children (7 years old) and nearly missing pecking their eyes out before adults scaring them away.

My GF pet Rooster decided to kill one the her kittens yesturday - it snapped the kitten's neck :eek: She's going to give the rooster away now:(

Swans can grow 2-3 times as big as roosters, so I'm sure they wouldn't have that much of a problem drowning a dog especially since dogs aren't naturally evolved to live in water like Swans are...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by syadasti
I've heard of roosters attacking small children (7 years old) and nearly missing pecking their eyes out before adults scaring them away.

My GF pet Rooster decided to kill one the her kittens yesturday - it snapped the kitten's neck :eek: She's going to give the rooster away now:(

Swans can grow 2-3 times as big as roosters, so I'm sure they wouldn't have that much of a problem drowning a dog especially since dogs aren't naturally evolved to live in water like Swans are...
pet rooster! I bet the neibors love him! Why in tarnation would anyone want a pet rooster? Are they good pets? I mean other than killing your kittens?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
man, there is nothin i hate more than f'in birds. if that had been my dog i would have jumped in that lake and broken that birds sh!tty neck. sh!tty birds.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by dh girlie
pet rooster! I bet the neibors love him! Why in tarnation would anyone want a pet rooster? Are they good pets? I mean other than killing your kittens?
She has horses and a barn. The rooster never did anything like this before - I guess it reached sexual maturity and the hormones got to him. Not all roosters are aggressive - it usually varies by species - just like with dogs or cats.

The rooster's new home is their neighbors ;)

I have two parrots myself - can't say I would ever want a rooster though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by laura
man, there is nothin i hate more than f'in birds. if that had been my dog i would have jumped in that lake and broken that birds sh!tty neck. sh!tty birds.
Thats just what the other people said about the rednecks who own killer attack dogs - they'd shoot the dogs if they threated their family and that's just what these swans did - the dogs threatened their young and they killed them - no different and equally as just:rolleyes:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by laura
there is nothin i hate more than f'in birds
You gotta love parrots though. My buddy has one... and its the funniest chit when it goes off and starts talking... it will just start rambling off crazy chit Like, "Wanna peanut", "Gimme a beer", "Wanna beer", "Hello?, yeah, Okay"... it does all different crap that it hears a lot... it also can do it in a mans or a womans voice... by far the coolest is when it mimics the phone ringing and then follows that with "Hello, yeah, okay" :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
You gotta love parrots though. My buddy has one... and its the funniest chit when it goes off and starts talking... it will just start rambling off crazy chit Like, "Wanna peanut", "Gimme a beer", "Wanna beer", "Hello?, yeah, Okay"... it does all different crap that it hears a lot... it also can do it in a mans or a womans voice... by far the coolest is when it mimics the phone ringing and then follows that with "Hello, yeah, okay" :D

i dont disciminate. i hate all birds. tn had some kind of parrot type bird who thankfully died of black lung caused by a faulty furnace before we got together. a talking bird sounds worse than a normal non-talking one.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
After all the trouble Fox went to to make those women pretty and put them in a pagent, they turn around and pull this!?!? :angry:

Originally posted by Tenchiro
After all the trouble Fox went to to make those women pretty and put them in a pagent, they turn around and pull this!?!? :angry:
Bwahahahaha...I was wondering how long it would take to make that connection.:D

Maybe if the dogs owner were more responsible and kept thier dogs on a leash in public, instead of chasing wildlife, they wouldn't be fish food.

Can't blame the goose, just defending it's family.
Can't blame the dog, just doing what instincts dictate.
Blame the owner who can't/won't control their dog!!!