Quantcast

Doh! If you are a criminal, turn off the Onstar

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
that's awesome! check my $50,000 ride that i paid for by living off of government subsidizing and drug sales!

we recovered a stolen expedition last night that on star helped us locate. the gps will give us a general area where it is so they turned on the alarm to help us find it easier. it was cool to just stop and listen for the alarm to find the stolen car :thumb:
i just wished they had locked the thieves inside because we ran nearly 2 miles on the k9 track ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
BuddhaRoadkill said:
wtf kinda charge is that? To competitive?
it's under the same school of thought as drugs within a certain distance from a school. many churches have day schools, therefore, the same rules apply.

BuddhaRoadkill said:
That's just wrong - no matter how stupid the guy was.
why? i suppose you carry $1,900 in cash in your console when you're just carrying drugs for personal use right? the dude was dealing, plain and simple. Every dealer knows that his ride is forfeit if he's dumb enough to get caught in it. Perhaps the general public will put that vehicle to better use than the original owner:mumble:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
manimal said:
why? i suppose you carry $1,900 in cash in your console when you're just carrying drugs for personal use right? the dude was dealing, plain and simple. Every dealer knows that his ride is forfeit if he's dumb enough to get caught in it. Perhaps the general public will put that vehicle to better use than the original owner:mumble:
Because it's an unconstitutional law, that's why.

Take my drugs, arrest me, put me in jail. But don't take my personal posessions. Oh and if that guy is found not guilty they still keep the car, don't they?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Ciaran said:
Because it's an unconstitutional law, that's why.

Take my drugs, arrest me, put me in jail. But don't take my personal posessions. Oh and if that guy is found not guilty they still keep the car, don't they?

the 4th and 14th ammendments don't mention anything regarding unlawful siezure of items used in the commission of a crime. if your "possession" is used to commit the crime should you just get it back? should the murderer get back the knife he used to kill the victim after he's done his time?
and no, they don't keep the car if you're found not guilty. it is held until the final outcome in court is decided