Quantcast

Doing a 4 Hr ride with a baboon

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon that is , and IF_rider , Poland Spring 88 , Silver turtle , Ben-O , Turnergirl and Neil. ( and lets not forget the 2 doggies .)

Right out the gate , we tried to kill Poland Sping ( This one will be joining the crash thread )

IAB up

IF_rider through some rocks

Silver turtle same place

IF_rider off the refrigerator drop

Air Baboon

Silver turlte on the rock right next door.

Poland Spring

IF rider on the first drop on the entry to the frame twister

Silver turtle on the frame twister

Turnergirl on the frame twister

IAB on the frame twister

IF_rider goes through the air

IAB takes the low line

IAB same drop different angle

BEN-o has been having apprehention on doing the step up , but he finally did it , with no problems

I wasn't scared what are you talking about ?

Ben-o on a roll

Turner Girls turn

a Babon through the trees

Turner girl , on the roll entery to the tree jump. this on the attempt after she ate it. after clippling a tree with her bars .

Ben-o On the last jump in the jump line.

Polland Spring at the top of the 3 ledges trail

IAB going through the rock garden , water level was a little high today

Turner girl same line

Now how did Neal avoid my Camera the whole ride ? thius is teh only shot I have that has him in it , and even at that he is in the background.

in the foreground is IAB dropping a rock.

That s was a fun ride ride!! !

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
That ride was a blast! Been a while since I've seen Jake & Hannah quite so wiped out from a ride despite all their swimmy stops. Even with plenty of water stops along the way I'm pretty sure Jake was responsible for emptying a good third of the gatorade/water mix in my Camelbak. And thanks for all the loving attention they got post-ride from Splat's wife and kids. I had to coax them into leaving!

Turner girl , on the roll entery to the tree jump. this on the attempt after she ate it. after clippling a tree with her bars .

Ah, trying to let IAB off the hook here? As I'm approaching and flying off the Through the Trees jumps he hollers something that freaks me out - what??? dog in the way??? rider down ahead??? what could he possible be warning me about??? what??? what??? :eek: - so I land that one and somehow then lay the bike down in a blaze of dust, flying rocks, and tumbling TurnerGrl (maybe I did clip a tree with the bars along the way:think: ) before I hit whatever he's trying to save me from. Turns out Mr. CT forgot that this was my local trail and he was just trying to warn me that it was a ramp. :rofl:

Push bike back up Jump Line, Silver Turtle straightens my bars AND my fork. That time I made it through my flights without further incident. :D

No worries...Just picking on you a little IAB. ;-) SO great to see you again and only thing missing was MBC. Hope we can hook up for a ride again soon whether its CT, MA, or (hint, hint) Diablo. :devil:

PolandSpring88 (Tim) - great to finally meet you. And although we never got the formal intro, great riding with you too, Ben-O.

Splat thanks again for hosting and leading such a great day! And of course the pictures as always. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Splat, you left out the dog pictures.

Thanks for being one of the people who keeps this forum spinning.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I thought this was going to be another thread about the mtb photographer :rofl: Looks like a good time was had!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ahhhhh.....4.5 hours in the 'NAM. I need to do that more often. :) I love that place. Good times, good times. It was cool riding with a huck-happy bunch so I could watch them hit all the drops first before I decided to try them. Uhhhh...yeah, sorry for making you crash, TurnerGrl. I forgot you had ridden that trail before. :D

I didn't take that many pics. I can't post them yet because I haven't uploaded them to Photobucket yet (home PC is acting squirrely). I do have a couple of video clips though. I took these with my PowerShot, so pardon the lack of quality. :p

Silver Turtle hitting a drop (I don't know the names of all these drops like the locals do):
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/Vietnam/?action=view&current=MVI_4177AVI.flv

Ben_O on a drop then the step up:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/Vietnam/?action=view&current=MVI_4183AVI.flv

I'll post my pics tonight (hopefully), plus one more of these low-grade videos. :D

Ben-O

Chimp
Jun 19, 2006
It was a good ride.

The first shot has to go into the crash thread. It really captures the essence of an over-the-bar-smack-down...:)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Ahhhhh.....4.5 hours in the 'NAM. I need to do that more often. :) I love that place. Good times, good times. It was cool riding with a huck-happy bunch so I could watch them hit all the drops first before I decided to try them. Uhhhh...yeah, sorry for making you crash, TurnerGrl. I forgot you had ridden that trail before. :D

I didn't take that many pics. I can't post them yet because I haven't uploaded them to Photobucket yet (home PC is acting squirrely). I do have a couple of video clips though. I took these with my PowerShot, so pardon the lack of quality. :p

Silver Turtle hitting a drop (I don't know the names of all these drops like the locals do):
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/Vietnam/?action=view&current=MVI_4177AVI.flv

Ben_O on a drop then the step up:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/mtbbaboon/Vietnam/?action=view&current=MVI_4183AVI.flv

I'll post my pics tonight (hopefully), plus one more of these low-grade videos. :D
Good vids considering how they were taken.

Is that first drop the one where you got hurt a few years ago IAB??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
If_Rider said:
Hey Ben, bladder problem???

It was hot out there! I was suffering by the end of the ride.

Mike
Mike you are kicking major ass on that FR bike!! How is the fork and wheelset holding up for you? I'm glad to see that stuff get into the hands of a rider who can use it to full potential (unlike my sorry ass).

Good stuff!!!!

If_Rider

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
Massachusetts
MMcG said:
Mike you are kicking major ass on that FR bike!! How is the fork and wheelset holding up for you? I'm glad to see that stuff get into the hands of a rider who can use it to full potential (unlike my sorry ass).

Good stuff!!!!
Thanks Mark. The fork is holding up but I'm thinking of going to a 6" fork at some point ($$??). It's been bottoming lately since I had the seals and oil changed. I think the LBS did something different to it, maybe the oil weight?? I retired the rear wheel to backup duty recently too. I got a great deal on a King hub which I had laced to a Trailpimp DHR. The hub is red to match the front Hope too:cool:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
If_Rider said:
Thanks Mark. The fork is holding up but I'm thinking of going to a 6" fork at some point ($$??). It's been bottoming lately since I had the seals and oil changed. I think the LBS did something different to it, maybe the oil weight?? I retired the rear wheel to backup duty recently too. I got a great deal on a King hub which I had laced to a Trailpimp DHR. The hub is red to match the front Hope too:cool:
Nice score on the red King!

Keep rippin it up Mike!!