Quantcast

Doing some work at CP

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC
DanW and I will be doing some work at CP if anyone wants to come by and help out. I'll be there at 4 and he'll be there a little earlier than that. We may only get an hour or so of work in, but that will go a long ways if some people show up.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
DanW and I will be doing some work at CP if anyone wants to come by and help out. I'll be there at 4 and he'll be there a little earlier than that. We may only get an hour or so of work in, but that will go a long ways if some people show up.

hmm, i've got to run a bunch of errands today but i might be able to make it.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...today we worked on the 2nd berm a little bit - the idea is to carve it out a bit more so we can hold more speed through it!...erosion has revealed the nasty corner of a rock (at least shoe box in size probably bigger) sticking out of the berm about half way through it - if anyone goes out there to work, please dont' dig it out - I'm going to break/bust off the edge instead - I'd rather take a sledge hammer to it than to dig a huge hole in the middle of the berm...for all we know it could be the size of a beach ball or something!

As far as working on CP, Scott P. and I have decided to start putting in some real effort in the next couple of weeks...obviously the place is in need of some much needed TLC - contact one of us if anyone wants to coordinate some work sessions...we're in need of a couple of tools as well - I really need a matic (sp?) and one of those short tooth rigid rake thingy's?...

Our goals over the next couple of weeks:

*Shape up the facing of all jumps and berms (as needed)
*Smooth out harsh erosion areas (in particular those just before and after the berms/jumps - (PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, we're not building anything up, we're just trying to maintenance what's there for now)
*Remove or take down edges of several of those "big rocks" that have started coming through - there are three particular ones I'm thinking of.
*Maintenance around drainage areas.

------

Thanks ahead of time for any effort/s!
danW

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Is that berm under the wall ride ever gonna be built up? Last time I was there I couldnt see how anyone could get up onto that wall unless that berm gets built a lil higher to transition up onto the wall.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
if the bike deal goes through for me i might be able to come out and help dig soon as well....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Is that berm under the wall ride ever gonna be built up? Last time I was there I couldnt see how anyone could get up onto that wall unless that berm gets built a lil higher to transition up onto the wall.
matt, i think you're thinking of the wall ride at Central Park in GA, DanW is talking about Country Park in NC....there's no wall ride there.
i do know what you're talking about though at central park, the berm needs to be built up to it unless you have some serious bounce-off skills to make it back to the berm after you hit the wall.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...Manimal, there was some "talk" about a wallride thingy at CP...obviously never happened though?

By the way, I'll be diggin' tomorrow (Wed / 10th) around 4ish if anyone wants to join in...

danW

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
matt, i think you're thinking of the wall ride at Central Park in GA, DanW is talking about Country Park in NC....there's no wall ride there.
i do know what you're talking about though at central park, the berm needs to be built up to it unless you have some serious bounce-off skills to make it back to the berm after you hit the wall.
Your right, i was thinkin of Central Park. Too many CPs

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
i'll be glad to finish that wall ride that me and scott and bob had poked at if someone can throw me a couple 2x4's, so is anyone doing any home remodeling?
What's up Stew!

...I for one appreciate your willingness to work out there - however, it's pushing things just to "maintenance" the zone/CP without official parks & rec. permission. It's easy to scoff when people bring this up - but it's the truth. We have to remember that the city recognizes our humble little jump park - that being the case we can't just build at will out there! MORE than anything else - I'd hate to tarnish the reputation of folks like Mark Gatehouse who don't even ride at CP BUT put forth the real deal efforts behind the scenes work to get our city's blessing!

It's within reason however to do some basic maintenance on what exist already...all us locals sorta' do that when we ride anyway just by kicking loose rocks out of the way etc.

...And Stew, I know you're a straight up guy - so in no way is this even directed at you...just seemed the appropriate time to weigh in with a reminder to all.

In closing before I step off my soapbox - CP has actually been a great place for all skill levels...it's one of those user friendly places that helps promote what we all love - and on the other hand, there are still those advanced riders that can show up just kill it...yea, it's easy to get a little used to a session spot like CP, but I'm still finding some new lines...and heck one can always try to cross up lines or simply go faster if nothing else :biggrin: ...or heck, when Motomike was still in town he and I would race dual slolom against each other - that was serious fun!

...ok, ok...I'm stepping down now...

danW

danW,

Kudos to you guys for putting in the effort. You make excellent points above - riding at CP is a privilege, not a right, and everyone should keep that in mind before adding or modifying anything.

I'll be out there this Saturday for sure - I'll bring a mattock. :monkey:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
funny, i thought this would happen.. too many CPs
we'll call ours CPFR or CPR or something.

Yeah, wall ride is getting fixed on the 20th as long as the Bobcat is up and running. Also changing the top jump line a little and building a nice step up. Viva Variety!

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC

Yeah, wall ride is getting fixed on the 20th as long as the Bobcat is up and running. Also changing the top jump line a little and building a nice step up. Viva Variety!
no CPR
thats our CP
Country Park Rippers

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro

...you might want to go with CPFR...as eluded to already - "Lukedog" a former local here actually printed up CPR (Country Park Rippers) shirts - you know that makes it official right :biggrin:

...and apologies to anyone who showed up today at 4pm...I had a work place accident today that knocked me out cold - hit my head on a 2 x 4 :dead: - the whole "bright flash / fade to black" vision thing happened - it was kinda' cool though, I actually thought to myself don't panic - you've been knocked out!...then I hit the floor!

Needless to say no diggin' today, but I'll be out on Saturday and Sunday...

Gastro - what time Saturday?...

...you might want to go with CPFR...as eluded to already - "Lukedog" a former local here actually printed up CPR (Country Park Rippers) shirts - you know that makes it official right :biggrin:

...and apologies to anyone who showed up today at 4pm...I had a work place accident today that knocked me out cold - hit my head on a 2 x 4 :dead: - the whole "bright flash / fade to black" vision thing happened - it was kinda' cool though, I actually thought to myself don't panic - you've been knocked out!...then I hit the floor!

Needless to say no diggin' today, but I'll be out on Saturday and Sunday...

Gastro - what time Saturday?...
Daayum, you got Deebo'd. :biggrin:
Glad you're okay, seriously.

I'm shooting for one o'clock on Saturday.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I should be tagging along with gastro on saturday. I need to work on some skillz. (cuz i gotz very little)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002

sweet! i heard that since you're going to full registration to ride there that you'd be able to step it up a bit and diversify. that place has such rad potential and you've already done a killer job with it. it makes the 5 hour drive to my brothers house so worth it :clapping:

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
im off this weekend and will probably be there between painting my sons room for his arrival :P ...... was there today with tubby while i had fun i was tired as crap being up for 24 hours then going riding maybe not the smartest thing, i have no recollection of driving home

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
brent and robert sorry i missed you guys i was there for a while then had to go to work. but i might be out there weds if its not to wet

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
brent and robert sorry i missed you guys i was there for a while then had to go to work. but i might be out there weds if its not to wet
I think I passed you on my way out. I left sometime around three or so. I'm going to try and make it out again this Saturday.