Quantcast

Domain 302 + Lyrik damper?

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
So i picked up a dirt cheap domain for my am rig, and while the damper is adequate for the fork i got wondering about slamming a Lyrik MiCo damper in there.

Anyone tried this and gone down in flames? Or ridden off into the sunset singing a happy song?

Assume i can get parts at cost. What #s should i need?

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I haven't tried it. I did do a similar thing and upgraded a 302 to the cart found in the Domain 318. I believe the ID of the Domain upper assembly is larger than the Lyric. At the very least the top cap of the is probably a different size.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
pretty sure the steel stanchions have thinner walls meaning a larger id = different threads.

Also, the Rebound cart is fixed in the lower stanchion, so no changing that piece, and that may cause you interference with the Misco comp cart if they have different stack heights

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
pretty sure the steel stanchions have thinner walls meaning a larger id = different threads.

Also, the Rebound cart is fixed in the lower stanchion, so no changing that piece, and that may cause you interference with the Misco comp cart if they have different stack heights
You're right on the first count, wrong on the second.

Short version though, the only things you can transfer between the two are lowers, seals, bushings, and axle.