Quantcast

Domain question and rant....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ok, I've had it. You get what you pay for.

We've been using superuser.net for a couple years now for hosting, and they have been ok (cPanel, cheap pricing, etc).

Some downtime here and there, no big whoop.

Now our email has tanked. No sending, no receiving, nothing for the last few days (at least) on all of our accounts. We've already lost some business and potentially 1 dealer because of this.

I have sent them multiple emails with no response. I called the only line listed on their site and I get a voicemail reply and then a message saying that the MAILBOX IS FULL - NO MESSAGES ACCEPTED.

In addition, now I'm reading a ton of bad reviews about them regarding customer service and ethics.

Fvcktards!

I should have read the review BEFORE hand though. 20/20 hind sight, blah blah blah.

So the question is, how easy is it to go to another host? We don't have domains registered with superloser. Is it just a matter of contacting the company we registered with and pointing the domain somewhere else? We want to eliminate downtime if possible.

I've dealt with all of this kinda thing but it's been a couple years and I'm foggy. Lots on my mind lately.

HELP!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I've transferred a few different websites from various hostings to godaddy with no problem. The problems I have run into have been in release the domain name registation from network solutions to go daddy, now that was a pain as NS was extremely uncooperative and it took a series of phone calls and getting nasty with them to complete the transaction.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've transferred a few different websites from various hostings to godaddy with no problem. The problems I have run into have been in release the domain name registation from network solutions to go daddy, now that was a pain as NS was extremely uncooperative and it took a series of phone calls and getting nasty with them to complete the transaction.
We have the domains registered at GoDaddy, so what do we do? Just tell GoDaddy where the new hosting will be? Or is it some other way around?

Do I have it all backwards...?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
We have the domains registered at GoDaddy, so what do we do? Just tell GoDaddy where the new hosting will be? Or is it some other way around?

Do I have it all backwards...?
First, back up your website. then open a hosting account, activate it, transfer the site (upload the site to the new server) and make sure all the name servers get changed. You'll have to reconfigure the emails to the new name server also. I find the godaddy tech people pretty helpful if you have to call and have any questions.

gg

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
First, back up your website. then open a hosting account, activate it, transfer the site (upload the site to the new server) and make sure all the name servers get changed. You'll have to reconfigure the emails to the new name server also. I find the godaddy tech people pretty helpful if you have to call and have any questions.

gg
geargrrl = teh awsum.

Opie = teh lame