Thanks

Rich

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
to be honest.... this course sounds "ok"

retreat- regular start, its ok

stalker- eh, noone that i know really ever rides this trail.... ever. it isnt horrible, but i would've loved an asylum race.

crap chute- i love the new step up, and i hope the go around is really really long and a major slow inconvienence for those who don't hit the step up.

flat turns- they're fun.

pro jump- will be really really wet from all the thunder/rain and nearly impossible to clear.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::disgust1::disgust1::disgust1::twitch::twitch::twitch:

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
Yeh!!! Stalker is semi clean now or I just rode it enough the past few weekends to get some flow through it. It will be tough in the wet though. I'm waiting for Utah to be used again too. I been practicing that one lately. Sounds like a pretty quick course - should be fun. :banana:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Yeh!!! Stalker is semi clean now or I just rode it enough the past few weekends to get some flow through it. It will be tough in the wet though. I'm waiting for Utah to be used again too. I been practicing that one lately. Sounds like a pretty quick course - should be fun. :banana:
I'm so NOT waiting for Utah to be used again... EVER.

:biggrin:

...but on the other hand I must admit I was a bit bummed it wasn't included in Dom #2 - wanted to get some revenge from last year.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
is stalker that really steep rock face?
Stalker is the trail that comes out under stigmata Dennis, fun rooty/rocky trail...not too many people hit which is nice. Glad i'll be able to rip the grass turns this weekend, sucha blast.

Did anyone clarify if they are opening the DS course, I wanna try some of my other bikes on it.

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
With lots of speed, Stalker is a blast, at least I just plow through it like I'm at Moab, minimal braking needed! After Dom #1, I'm psyched to do a fast course.

I agree with whoever said that about the wet/mud slowing down the final jump. I think for that, I'll take the go around. How much time is lost there, anyone have thought about that?

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
With lots of speed, Stalker is a blast, at least I just plow through it like I'm at Moab, minimal braking needed! After Dom #1, I'm psyched to do a fast course.

I agree with whoever said that about the wet/mud slowing down the final jump. I think for that, I'll take the go around. How much time is lost there, anyone have thought about that?
Enough time lost to make yourself say "What was the point of $65 race fee and lose all my time on that?"

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
guys, this is only race #2, chill out. im sure they will include your "favorite" trails in the next few races.

and bruiser, your a retart. why do you have to be so negative about the race course? if you don't like it, don't race it. or you can go race uphill at platty. no one is making you race, thats your choice kid.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Enough time lost to make yourself say "What was the point of $65 race fee and lose all my time on that?"

Great if everybody thought that way only the top 5 would show up to race.

I think there is a good size contingent of racers who realize it is difficult to break into the top five Am or pro for that matter, but show up because they love the adrenaline rush of standing in the starting gate and trying to do there best in a race run whether they are hitting the step down or not. I think that is what most of us pay the 70.00 bucks for, not to mention two days of riding and we save 2 bucks.

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
guys, this is only race #2, chill out. im sure they will include your "favorite" trails in the next few races.

and bruiser, your a retart. why do you have to be so negative about the race course? if you don't like it, don't race it. or you can go race uphill at platty. no one is making you race, thats your choice kid.
first off, i said it was "ok" i didn't say i totally hate it.

second, i race for the overall series points if its a bad race smart guy.

and finally, i dont think im the retard. "retart"

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Great if everybody thought that way only the top 5 would show up to race.

I think there is a good size contingent of racers who realize it is difficult to break into the top five Am or pro for that matter, but show up because they love the adrenaline rush of standing in the starting gate and trying to do there best in a race run whether they are hitting the step down or not. I think that is what most of us pay the 70.00 bucks for, not to mention two days of riding and we save 2 bucks.
You are 100% right Rich. Just my opinion, I'd rather save my money and use it on bike parts instead of racing the series...plus i'm just not fast, people who know me can vouche for that one.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
first off, i said it was "ok" i didn't say i totally hate it.

second, i race for the overall series points if its a bad race smart guy.

and finally, i dont think im the retard. "retart"
nah i have to agree with him on this one, and i bet u only say the go around is slow so u can hit the step up which u think will give u the win since most intro people wont be able to hit it to make up for all the speed u lost on the other 99% of the course

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
by him, who are u referring 2?

and it's funny how u think im so slow compared to all the intro people, but im easily gonna be top 5 in this race if i don't crash. i know that doesn't say much compared to u or all the am and pro people. but don't think that most of intro can beat me.

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
You are 100% right Rich. Just my opinion, I'd rather save my money and use it on bike parts instead of racing the series...plus i'm just not fast, people who know me can vouche for that one.
You can't think this way. Riding is about progression - the farther you progress increases the fun factor. Racing takes you to limits you would never attempt just riding, pushing you to the next level.

Quoted from Ferris Bueler's Day Off: If you can afford it - I highly recommend it.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
last i checked jp, you were 7th in intro and behind be 20 seconds and one fall does not put you behind that far. and as for a go around on the step up, what would be the reason for one? i don't think anyone is "afraid" to roll it. and no im not trying to be a dick but first place (kyle) doesn't ride that much. and this is only going to be his second race. and the rest of the top 5 in intro are good. don't count your chickens before they hatch. and i like how you sit and call people sand baggers, how many years have you been in intro? and still havnt been on the podium? and then you diss kyle all the time.

sorry it has been getting to me for a while

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
last I Checked Jp, You Were 7th In Intro And Behind Be 20 Seconds. And As For A Go Around On The Step Up, What Would Be The Reason For One? I Don't Think Anyone Is "afraid" To Roll It. And No Im Not Trying To Be A Dick But First Place (kyle) Doesn't Ride That Much. And This Is Only Going To Be His Second Race. And The Rest Of The Top 5 In Intro Are Good. Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch. And I Like How You Sit And Call People Sand Baggers, How Many Years Have You Been In Intro? And Still Havnt Been On The Podium? And Then You Diss Kyle All The Time.

Sorry It Has Been Getting To Me For A While
Exactly

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
You can't think this way. Riding is about progression - the farther you progress increases the fun factor. Racing takes you to limits you would never attempt just riding, pushing you to the next level.

Quoted from Ferris Bueler's Day Off: If you can afford it - I highly recommend it.
True, True. A USOPEN Finals run too me is huge, that definately pushed me to my limit, but still within my comfort zone of not wrecking.

Thanks for the words Sean.

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
last i checked jp, you were 7th in intro and behind be 20 seconds and one fall does not put you behind that far. and as for a go around on the step up, what would be the reason for one? i don't think anyone is "afraid" to roll it. and no im not trying to be a dick but first place (kyle) doesn't ride that much. and this is only going to be his second race. and the rest of the top 5 in intro are good. don't count your chickens before they hatch. and i like how you sit and call people sand baggers, how many years have you been in intro? and still havnt been on the podium? and then you diss kyle all the time.

sorry it has been getting to me for a while
hey travis, i was 7th in intro because dom #1 was a very flat course, and i don't have strong legs. this put me at a major disadvantage, and i didn't claim to fall in that race. Kyle lives down the street from diablo, and the only reason i called him a sandbagger, which i have had numerous people agree on, is because he had a 25 second difference between 1st and 3rd last race. and im not insulting the rest of the top 5 in intro, but i was 2 places from 5th place, and i know 2 people who plan to not show this race leaving me at a good chance for top 5. and travis, i know i haven't podiumed, but i don't live 5 minutes away from diablo and go all the time last year and this year, i live 1.5 hours away about. so i go about once a week, so im sorry if i don't ride as well as the other local riders in jersey. and i don't dis kyle all the time, i have said very few things about kyle, i don't insult his abilities at riding, but i stated that i think he should be in AM if there is a 25 second difference between 1st and 3rd place for intro.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
wish these kids were around for the 2oo6 race season, that year was nuts with neko, paul, ian, and evan all doing podiums. Paul was pulling off wins in intro that would be podium am times.

May 19, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
hey travis, i was 7th in intro because dom #1 was a very flat course, and i don't have strong legs. this put me at a major disadvantage, and i didn't claim to fall in that race. Kyle lives down the street from diablo, and the only reason i called him a sandbagger, which i have had numerous people agree on, is because he had a 25 second difference between 1st and 3rd last race. and im not insulting the rest of the top 5 in intro, but i was 2 places from 5th place, and i know 2 people who plan to not show this race leaving me at a good chance for top 5. and travis, i know i haven't podiumed, but i don't live 5 minutes away from diablo and go all the time last year and this year, i live 1.5 hours away about. so i go about once a week, so im sorry if i don't ride as well as the other local riders in jersey. and i don't dis kyle all the time, i have said very few things about kyle, i don't insult his abilities at riding, but i stated that i think he should be in AM if there is a 25 second difference between 1st and 3rd place for intro.
just to put my opinion in is why should kyle have to move up two am this is going to be his third race ever and if i do recall intro is for riders who havent been riding or racing long. But i do get what your saying about how he lives right down the street and he rides all the time but i ride with him every day and I came in 2nd and half the time where just sitting at the bottom so were getting the same riding as you are.

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
i understand that kyle shouldn't move up now, since he is already in the series points for intro, but if he knew how much faster he was than most intro riders, he should have raced AM in the beginning of the season, and even if u guys go only 3 times a week, im sure u go more, and ride half the time/chill at the bottom the other half, its still much much much more than one saturday of me riding.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
hahhahah you guys are argueing about racing on a forum, when u will be there in two days hahahah and to top it off you guys are argueing about intro. wow

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
True, True. A USOPEN Finals run too me is huge, that definately pushed me to my limit, but still within my comfort zone of not wrecking.

Thanks for the words Sean.
I watched ferris beuhler's day off last night - thanks Sean

DownhillerR3 - your not slow, I'm slow, but I like to race Am because we are all in one group - Even though my USAC group is growing - its fun to come to Diablo and race in one big group against guys that are younger than me or that race different categories.

See ya this weekend can't wait!