Quantcast

Don and Mike

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if by 'don' you mean Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart), then yes, i do listen to 'don'. i dig him, and his Magic Band.

if by 'mike' you mean Mike Rutherford of Mike and the Mechanics, then no - i don't listen to him and don't like him or his band.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
narlus said:
if by 'don' you mean Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart), then yes, i do listen to 'don'. i dig him, and his Magic Band.

if by 'mike' you mean Mike Rutherford of Mike and the Mechanics, then no - i don't listen to him and don't like him or his band.

Holy random response Batman!! :rofl:

Mike and the Mechanics!! Hahahahahaha!!!!

Who the hell are Don and Mike?

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Don and Mike are radio talk show hosts. I thought I would bring it up because I noticed people around here using some of their terminology (ass hat), and I was just curious

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, since no one has ever heard them, most likely these guys have stolen all their "catchphrases" from us...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:

Yes, but do you listen to Mike when he's playing with Tony, Steve, Peter and Phil?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ciaran said:
Yes, but do you listen to Mike when he's playing with Tony, Steve, Peter and Phil?
yeah, i was a bit of a late convert, and certainly not a fanboy, but there are some quality bits there (cf "dancing w/ the moonlit knight", "firth of fifth", etc). no need to listen to genesis post-gabriel, though.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I used to listen to Geronimo and O'Meara when they were based in Fairfax, VA on 106.7 WJFK. I went to George Mason University for my 1st two years of college and those cats were always getting into some mischief in their offices which were located near 236-n-50 in Fairfax City. I started out on Greaseman(DC 101), gravitated to Howard Stern until he was booted from DC, picked up on Don & Mike until Stern was available again via New York simulcast, then swithched to Kirk, Mark & Lopez until Lopez's untimely death and replacement by Spiegel. Every now & again, I'll check out Elliott on DC 101 but the signal is kinda beat up here in MD.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
llkoolkeg said:
I used to listen to Geronimo and O'Meara when they were based in Fairfax, VA on 106.7 WJFK. I went to George Mason University for my 1st two years of college and those cats were always getting into some mischief in their offices which were located near 236-n-50 in Fairfax City. I started out on Greaseman(DC 101), gravitated to Howard Stern until he was booted from DC, picked up on Don & Mike until Stern was available again via New York simulcast, then swithched to Kirk, Mark & Lopez until Lopez's untimely death and replacement by Spiegel. Every now & again, I'll check out Elliott on DC 101 but the signal is kinda beat up here in MD.

Yay someone knows what I'm talking about.