Quantcast

Donation bikes 2012?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stinky to the front desk.

I have a frame, fork, and a bunch of other misc parts that I cannot sell. Are we doing a donation bike this year again? It's an XL/21", so it's probably going to have to be for a teenager. If yes, tell me where I need to send everything.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How the fvck did he manage to do that? He had like, 20 posts. :facepalm:

Who was it that put together a bike and gave it away last year? Loco?
Seriously. Anybody else want to do the build?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ill be more then happy to do it. i also have a ton of misc parts and theres always somethings laying around the shop.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Send me your address. The fork will need to be either setup b-brake, it you will need to helicoil a brake bolt hole.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
PM sent.

maybe we can list all the parts on here for parts that people have so we can figure out what we need

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
How the fvck did he manage to do that? He had like, 20 posts. :facepalm:

Who was it that put together a bike and gave it away last year? Loco?
I did the bike last year. Donated it to a kid that was from a habitat for humanity family. I'd love to do the bike again but unfortunately I'm too wrapped up with work, coincidentally I'm in charge of building a Habitat house next week. I do have some parts I could donate though.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
XL Access HT Frame
Beat Manitou Black fork
Seat post & Clamp
Tires
1 v-brake
8-sp shimano right shifter/lever combo
front shifter
extra brake lever
Handle Bar

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i have a bunch of extra grip shifters, 8 spd cassettes, chain, front der, grips, cabling/housing, tubes, front wheel possibly, possibly some cranks and bb, stem

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's going to take me a bit to get everything out, with the baby being due Tuesday and all... Bear with me.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I did the bike last year. Donated it to a kid that was from a habitat for humanity family. I'd love to do the bike again but unfortunately I'm too wrapped up with work, coincidentally I'm in charge of building a Habitat house next week. I do have some parts I could donate though.
My mistake, I certainly didn't mean to compare you to Loco. That's what I was trying to recall though, good on ya! :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I finally have enough parts to build a whole bike. I'm just going to build it myself. Then donate it to R Community bikes. Every time I ride the greenway these Spanish kids come running along side of me. I am not sure what they are saying but it sounds like Pablo. I would donate a bike to one of them. But I am not sure that would be appropriate...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Okay, things are finally calming down. I'm hoping the get the frame and stuff out this week.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I built my bike and gave it away already. I no longer see the kid I gave it to hanging out. I am hoping he is somewhere riding his new bike. But I don't know....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Been a little busy with the baby. I have a bike box with a bunch of parts sitting in it, but no packing materials. Bear with me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Kid got 2 flats and I tried to show him how to take care of it. But he said fug it and his mom showed me her ass so I fixed his flat. As soon as the flat was fixed Mom was gone... Her son is a cyclist I am proud to say. Endurance from soccer. And patience from Boy Scouts...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Kid got 2 flats and I tried to show him how to take care of it. But he said fug it and his mom showed me her ass so I fixed his flat. As soon as the flat was fixed Mom was gone... Her son is a cyclist I am proud to say. Endurance from soccer. And patience from Boy Scouts...
Bike is gone. I'm kind of pissed....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sold and Miguel is so busted its not funny. I built 2 other bikes and have been holding out. I gave his little brother the small Iron Horse and he is doing awesome. I am taking him to OCP on Tuesday...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Miguel is not allowed back into school for being a Vandal. He is moving to Indianapolis to live with his Grandfather. He won't be need a bike there so I will be taking it back and giving it to someone more deserving...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the parts and regrouped. Geoff has a new ride. He loves the idea of disc brakes (Avid BB-5). I taught him how to adjust them and he took out a pencil and wrote things down, cool kid. Gets good grades. Irish kid, Good in the Boys Club. A little of a braggart.

Mom and Grandma have bikes now too. He rode 190 miles in a month. I stopped by to see how he was doing. But he was out on his bike. Grandma told me he hasn't touched his skateboard since he got his bike. I saw the big skid marks on the end of the driveway. He jumps the curb cuts and balances the curbs like a pro...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the parts and regrouped. Geoff has a new ride. He loves the idea of disc brakes (Avid BB-5). I taught him how to adjust them and he took out a pencil and wrote things down, cool kid. Gets good grades. Irish kid, Good in the Boys Club. A little of a braggart.

Mom and Grandma have bikes now too. He rode 190 miles in a month. I stopped by to see how he was doing. But he was out on his bike. Grandma told me he hasn't touched his skateboard since he got his bike. I saw the big skid marks on the end of the driveway. He jumps the curb cuts and balances the curbs like a pro...
He broke his arm today. Thankfully not on the bike. Good Kid. I am very happy to have met him.