Quantcast

Donot Ride Closed TRails...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Guys, around 1PM today i saw several guys hitting the Pipeline drop. I was riding with a few fellas, and i intended on taking photos of the guys hitting Covenant & Canon, there were dudes hitting the Pipeline Drop and they informed me that that drop was opened by the trail crew....

BUT I just found out that the trail was actually closed... that is not cool guys.... i posted this picture of me hitting the pipeline drop on my FlickR:

I received an email from the Diablo Rider services informing me that i should not ride Closed trails... Not cool, man.....

I apologize to the Diablo Trail Crew and am bringing them 2 Six Pack of beers of their choice next week...

Please Stay Off Closed Trails....

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
no one likes a tattle tale
No One is "Tattle Tale'ing", i am taking full responsibility & feel bad for the guys who had to work a few more hours to fix the trails that weren't supposed to be ridden.

I did not know, some folks told me the trails crew opened the trail. If i did it maliciously would i have posted a photo of me hitting the "closed trail", when all my pictures get published on wall the forms, and even on PinkBike where Diablo Freeride Park is Sponsored...

A "tattle tale" mentions names, or even posts pics of the other guys hitting it (which i won't do).... this post if just to remind folks to please respect Closed Trails....

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i give you props dave, addmitting you did something wrong takes balls, and taking responsibility takes even more..

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Pretty messed up that people are telling you that trails are open when they really aren't...But other than that, how was Pipeline?

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
yea dave when i followed you off the drop i had no clue it was closed after what those other guys told us it was open, i am also sorry for my mistake and now know you cant go trusting just anyone telling you somethings open

Krzr3000

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Hmm.

There were dudes standing on top of the third or fourth table on upper dominion waiting to hit the new big drop. Now thats not cool...

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
ps...i hope those beers also include a few for the mechanics...we might not have anything to do with trail maintenance but we're still part of the family!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
IS the drop about 40-50' to the right of this drop open?

This past Sunday some kid cased it and sheared the head tube off his frame...