Don't be a H8R man!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I try not to be but some times.........
I also go buy a house like H8R. :D

Put an offer on a house today.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/residential-property-for-sale/auction-613838780.htm

****ty area and a small house, but it's all I can afford after sinking almost everything into my bike shop.
It's small and pretty basic, but solid bones and heaps of room to improve it.
Going to start with solar hot water system currently has a low pressure system dating back to the 1950's) heatpump and insulating it, later on a new kitchen, garage and big deck out the back.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Sigh...if I didn't have family here, I don't think my wife and I would have ever came back from our honeymoon in NZ...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not bad well except for the random furniture design choice in the house but guess that is not part of the deal. Glad to hear you have been able to make you business successful enough to buy a house.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I try not to be but some times.........
I also go buy a house like H8R. :D

Put an offer on a house today.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/residential-property-for-sale/auction-613838780.htm

****ty area and a small house, but it's all I can afford after sinking almost everything into my bike shop.
It's small and pretty basic, but solid bones and heaps of room to improve it.
Going to start with solar hot water system currently has a low pressure system dating back to the 1950's) heatpump and insulating it, later on a new kitchen, garage and big deck out the back.
Awesome. Good luck!

First things first: GAS STOVE.

:D

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Well so The other day I offered $155k.
I did that as someone else was offering to buy both properties, figured that would be rental investors and that they would be likely to have offered $300 for both.

Vendors decided to negotiate with me (legally only allowed to negotiate with one party at a time), the responded with "Nah we want $160k" that was given to me verbally..... didn't see it in writing.
Next morning I responded in writing with ok I'll accept that offer..... $160k it is.
They came back (vendors are a trust fund with multiple trustees) with nah actually we want $165k now and have put this in writing.

I am feeling quite f*cked off at the moment.
But if they want to jerk me around, two can play that game.
as they are not allowed to negotiate with anyone else until I decide to not make a counter offer, I can just up the bid by 10 cents..... and take a day or two to consider any counter.
They want to waste my time? I can totally waste their time and money.......

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well so The other day I offered $155k.
I did that as someone else was offering to buy both properties, figured that would be rental investors and that they would be likely to have offered $300 for both.

Vendors decided to negotiate with me (legally only allowed to negotiate with one party at a time), the responded with "Nah we want $160k" that was given to me verbally..... didn't see it in writing.
Next morning I responded in writing with ok I'll accept that offer..... $160k it is.
They came back (vendors are a trust fund with multiple trustees) with nah actually we want $165k now and have put this in writing.

I am feeling quite f*cked off at the moment.
But if they want to jerk me around, two can play that game.
as they are not allowed to negotiate with anyone else until I decide to not make a counter offer, I can just up the bid by 10 cents..... and take a day or two to consider any counter.
They want to waste my time? I can totally waste their time and money.......
Ahhh... take 'em, Dave. Buying real estate can kinda suck.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Update,
that place didn't happen in the end, infighting in the trust fund that owned it blew the deal apart.

However I just went unconditional on another place take over/settlement is set for December 11th

this is the place, it's a dump with some pretty ferral tenants, takes 6 weeks by law to get them out hence the takeover date. However it has decent potential and is structurally very good condition.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=580913497

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Update,
that place didn't happen in the end, infighting in the trust fund that owned it blew the deal apart.

However I just went unconditional on another place take over/settlement is set for December 11th

this is the place, it's a dump with some pretty ferral tenants, takes 6 weeks by law to get them out hence the takeover date.
:popcorn: :popcorn:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Update,

this is the place, it's a dump with some pretty ferral tenants, takes 6 weeks by law to get them out hence the takeover date. However it has decent potential and is structurally very good condition.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=580913497
I dig it! Good luck.